Mobile Data/SMS/MMS
Hi!

On pinephone SW releases wiki page, the SFOS section says:
"May 24th 2020: Voice calls now work but not available in public builds yet."
Does anyone know how to install a non-public build with working voicecalls?
I've seen some demos and some messages on tweeter confirming it works, but nobody says how to enable it.
Maybe I will have more luck here.
I am posting in Data/SMS/MMS since all of these are all related to modem, which won't work because it doesn't see the SIM card, but maybe I should start a new thread.
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Boern Wrote: A shame that it's not getting so much love. Because for me it's by far the most usable image. I only have to get calls working and it can be my daily driver. (I can make and receive calls I just can't hear anything)

Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

I have just flashed and calling in worked, calling out did not for some reason, SMS works fine. I couldn't test the mobile data as I accidentally switched on power reserve mode and it killed it, so don't do that. But otherwise it works fine with wifi. Will do some tests, now I am cleaning the SD card to re-flash. Happy times! Smile
How did you get it working? SFOS doesn't seem to recognize my SIM at all. :\
(07-30-2020, 10:17 AM)clover Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Boern Wrote: A shame that it's not getting so much love. Because for me it's by far the most usable image. I only have to get calls working and it can be my daily driver. (I can make and receive calls I just can't hear anything)

Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

I have just flashed and calling in worked, calling out did not for some reason, SMS works fine. I couldn't test the mobile data as I accidentally switched on power reserve mode and it killed it, so don't do that. But otherwise it works fine with wifi. Will do some tests, now I am cleaning the SD card to re-flash. Happy times! Smile
How did you get it working? SFOS doesn't seem to recognize my SIM at all. :\

This post was about the older image... Sad
I don't see any news regarding SFOS for the PP, so I think we should wait more.
Hello there,

Just flashed and tried to unlock my SIM... to no avail.
It recognises that there is a SIM but sets it as Unknown.
When I enter my pin, nothing happens (the screen doesn't even update and stays on "please enter pin").

Anyone else has that problem ?
(11-19-2020, 07:06 PM)Nootaku Wrote: Hello there,

When I enter my pin, nothing happens (the screen doesn't even update and stays on "please enter pin").

Hello,

Same issue here, flashed the 3.3.0.16 on the eMMC. When entering the pin I only the unknown sim card and nothing happens.

Br
(01-14-2021, 05:28 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:

Hello,

Same issue here, flashed the 3.3.0.16 on the eMMC. When entering the pin I only the unknown sim card and nothing happens.

Br
You can try to remove the sim-lock on Android or another operating system and try again. This worked for me.
(01-18-2021, 05:56 AM)Zurga Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:28 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:

Hello,

Br
You can try to remove the sim-lock on Android or another operating system and try again. This worked for me.
Correct, working fine now. Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When mobile data works calls don't with Sailfish OS albafrati 0 26 Yesterday, 09:28 AM
Last Post: albafrati