Mobile Data/SMS/MMS
Hi!

On pinephone SW releases wiki page, the SFOS section says:
"May 24th 2020: Voice calls now work but not available in public builds yet."
Does anyone know how to install a non-public build with working voicecalls?
I've seen some demos and some messages on tweeter confirming it works, but nobody says how to enable it.
Maybe I will have more luck here.
I am posting in Data/SMS/MMS since all of these are all related to modem, which won't work because it doesn't see the SIM card, but maybe I should start a new thread.
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Boern Wrote: A shame that it's not getting so much love. Because for me it's by far the most usable image. I only have to get calls working and it can be my daily driver. (I can make and receive calls I just can't hear anything)

Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

I have just flashed and calling in worked, calling out did not for some reason, SMS works fine. I couldn't test the mobile data as I accidentally switched on power reserve mode and it killed it, so don't do that. But otherwise it works fine with wifi. Will do some tests, now I am cleaning the SD card to re-flash. Happy times! Smile
How did you get it working? SFOS doesn't seem to recognize my SIM at all. :\
(07-30-2020, 10:17 AM)clover Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:36 AM)cefre00 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 09:26 AM)Boern Wrote: A shame that it's not getting so much love. Because for me it's by far the most usable image. I only have to get calls working and it can be my daily driver. (I can make and receive calls I just can't hear anything)

Guess what, IT DOES WORK! Big Grin

I have just flashed and calling in worked, calling out did not for some reason, SMS works fine. I couldn't test the mobile data as I accidentally switched on power reserve mode and it killed it, so don't do that. But otherwise it works fine with wifi. Will do some tests, now I am cleaning the SD card to re-flash. Happy times! Smile
How did you get it working? SFOS doesn't seem to recognize my SIM at all. :\

This post was about the older image... Sad
I don't see any news regarding SFOS for the PP, so I think we should wait more.
Hello there,

Just flashed and tried to unlock my SIM... to no avail.
It recognises that there is a SIM but sets it as Unknown.
When I enter my pin, nothing happens (the screen doesn't even update and stays on "please enter pin").

Anyone else has that problem ?
(11-19-2020, 07:06 PM)Nootaku Wrote: Hello there,

When I enter my pin, nothing happens (the screen doesn't even update and stays on "please enter pin").

Hello,

Same issue here, flashed the 3.3.0.16 on the eMMC. When entering the pin I only the unknown sim card and nothing happens.

Br
(01-14-2021, 05:28 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:

Hello,

Same issue here, flashed the 3.3.0.16 on the eMMC. When entering the pin I only the unknown sim card and nothing happens.

Br
You can try to remove the sim-lock on Android or another operating system and try again. This worked for me.
(01-18-2021, 05:56 AM)Zurga Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:28 AM)r7s3TgmyQv2R3z Wrote:

Hello,

Br
You can try to remove the sim-lock on Android or another operating system and try again. This worked for me.
Correct, working fine now. Thanks.