Super Mario case [NOW WITH UPDATED STL-FILE (April 27.)]
As you can see in the attatched image there are some bugs in the STL-file. This problem is easily solved with the built-in software for STL-files you'll find in Windows 10.
Right now I'm sitting on an android tablet and my laptop runs win 8.1 so I'm not able to do that.

Could anyone please help me out?

If you open the STL in Win10 you'll get an popup saying there are some issues with the model, and if you would like to automaticly fix them.
Press yes, than save the fixed STL and postit here or send it to me.

Tanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-28-2016, 04:12 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: As you can see in the attatched image there are some bugs in the STL-file. This problem is easily solved with the built-in software for STL-files you'll find in Windows 10.
Right now I'm sitting on an android tablet and my laptop runs win 8.1 so I'm not able to do that.

If you open the STL in Win10 you'll get an popup saying there are some issues with the model, and if you would like to automaticly fix them.

Tanks.

Saved STL and 3MF-files that was "fixed" by Win10.
(04-28-2016, 10:12 PM)CaptainZalo Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 04:12 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: As you can see in the attatched image there are some bugs in the STL-file. This problem is easily solved with the built-in software for STL-files you'll find in Windows 10.

Tanks.

Saved STL and 3MF-files that was "fixed" by Win10.

Thank you. Smile
Hey Captain, thanks for all the work you have done. I finally have time to start looking at this project. I looked at the latest repaired file and split it so I could work on it, side per side and I saw that I might run into some problems with 3d printing it, what type of supports do you suggest?
I was considering actually slicing each side in half, printing it and then gluing them together (that way the seem should be hardly noticeable). Is this what you would do or what do you suggest?

Oops, sorry, typo, it was meant to be hey Tarjei85 and later a thanks to Captain for the fixed file :-S
(05-04-2016, 03:28 AM)DarkstarSA Wrote: Hey Captain, thanks for all the work you have done. I finally have time to start looking at this project. I looked at the latest repaired file and split it so I could work on it, side per side and I saw that I might run into some problems with 3d printing it, what type of supports do you suggest?
I was considering actually slicing each side in half, printing it and then gluing them together (that way the seem should be hardly noticeable). Is this what you would do or what do you suggest?

Oops, sorry, typo, it was meant to be hey Tarjei85 and later a thanks to Captain for the fixed file :-S

When it comes to 3D printing, I have no idea of how to approach this.
This model was originally made for CNC milling from a solid aluminium block (each side individually), but the cost is to high. (The price estimate I got was 31 000 NOK + material.) ($1 = ~8.3NOK)

If you come up with a good sollution for this please keep me in the loop so we can finetune this model and thread as much as possible Smile
Tarjei85, that was a quick reply. I looked over the model again.

I'm still quite new at 3d printing, about 3 months.

I'll try printing one of the side panels, where the outlets are, and see how that turns out. My concern about then was the circular recess in each corner. If the prints okay, then its only the "feet" side and the "?" that could pose a challenge. I might have to resort to slicing off the feet and just stick on rubber feet and for the "?", maybe print that as 2 parts. But I'll get back to you :-).
(05-04-2016, 04:36 AM)DarkstarSA Wrote: Tarjei85, that was a quick reply. I looked over the model again.

I'm still quite new at 3d printing, about 3 months.

I'll try printing one of the side panels, where the outlets are, and see how that turns out. My concern about then was the circular recess in each corner. If the prints okay, then its only the "feet" side and the "?" that could pose a challenge. I might have to resort to slicing off the feet and just stick on rubber feet and for the "?", maybe print that as 2 parts. But I'll get back to you :-).

I thouht about making the feet and "?" As seperate parts yes. It is easy enough. Just make some holes in the sides for screws and make some smaller holes on the "backside" of rhe feet and "?" So you can just screw them in place when done printing/machining.
(02-19-2016, 04:52 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 08:12 PM)carb1a4h Wrote: that's pretty cool!  Good Job

Thank you. New and updated drawings will be placed on the onedrive-folder in a day or two (with all the current measurements).
I am still waiting for a complete blueprint of the board so that I can place the cutouts for all the ports.

EDIT 19. Feb. 2016 12:20 :
  • Updated drawings/pictures of all views. Added measurements on almost all drawings.
  • Added support for 120*120mm fan mounted on the top-plate.
  • Added multiple possibilities for external antenna for WiFi and Bluetooth.
  • Modified feet to have room for rubber/silicone paddings (Ø 8mm).
  • Added "made in" announcement underneath.

The CAD drawings (and preview images) are found here at my oneDrive account.

Lovin these models. this is late but I got it now Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made a case for the Pine64 with Audio DAC installed kodachrome 1 3,897 11-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: xalius
  playbox case ribbon cable too short pinoosh 7 12,114 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: GaryFunk
Video 7" LCD wooden framen enclosure for Pine64 *UPDATED WITH killor 12 19,506 10-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Clear case PIne 64 with VESA100 LIPO , RTC holder, and mini fan holes killor 6 11,381 08-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: killor
  New Pine 64 Screen Case from C4Labs Dustin_C4Labs 11 18,693 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tllim
  A case with active cooling for 1Gb pine64 ishwest 5 9,894 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ishwest
  Lego Case Kiryu 67 87,346 03-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Official C4 Labs LCD Enclosure *UPDATED WITH ASSEMBLY VIDEO* Bluphire 12 24,606 01-06-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Acrylic case with Lipo Holder and 2 Tactile push button included killor 9 12,830 10-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: killor
  Pine64 Layer case modmypi 2 5,235 10-04-2016, 02:45 AM
Last Post: modmypi