Counter for Soft TPU case (Reduce Digital Gap)
Hey, everyone, I really like the donation program and believe it's great initiative.

Maybe a counter for the shipped Soft TPU cases would be good way to introduce something simple that gives a chance for members to talk about the program more often.
I think it would be great and it will give the feeling of interacting with the donation program more directly. Updating the counter every few weeks or monthly, would still be a conversation starter and should help for those periods of time between forum/ blog updates about the initiative.

What do you guys think about the idea?

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
I agree completely !

You do need to let TLlim and Luke know this,

As forum members, we can voice our opinions...
BUT, ULTIMATELY :
They are the persons that can actually:  "Make the Changes"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Thanks @bcnaz . I'm glad others feel the same way about the initiative.

Lets tag Lukas and TL after the current wave of shipments calms down at least a bit. There is a lot going on around the hardware at the moment.

(08-29-2020, 06:56 PM)PakoSt Wrote: Thanks @bcnaz . I'm glad others feel the same way about the initiative.

Lets tag Lukas and TL after the current wave of shipments calms down at least a bit. There is a lot going on around the hardware at the moment.

I am OK on counter implementation but needs a developer who familiars with woocommerce to help up.
Perhaps even accept direct payment donations ?

Buying a case results in a $12 shipping charge, while only $10 goes towards the donation.

I would rather just be able to donate the whole $22 to the developers. If that would be possible. ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-04-2020, 02:08 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Perhaps even accept direct payment donations ?

Buying a case results in a $12 shipping charge, while only $10 goes towards the donation.

I would rather just be able to donate the whole $22 to the developers.  If that would be possible. ?

Only the $10 towards donation unless you can convince shipping company to donate the shipping cost. Please don't bring up such unrealistic proposal and I will no longer respond.
(09-03-2020, 10:00 PM)tllim Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 06:56 PM)PakoSt Wrote: Thanks @bcnaz . I'm glad others feel the same way about the initiative.

I am OK on counter implementation but needs a developer who familiars with woocommerce to help up.

Thank you for the reply, @tllim .

Hopefully someone within the community with the needed experience in woocommerce will rise to the occasion  Smile

PS: @bcnaz , you are getting mixed up between the PinePhone Community Edition program ($10 towards the current flavor- Ubports, Manjaro, postmarketOS, etc) and the Reduce Digital Gap program ($10 with each silicone case towards original model Pinebook which will be donated).

Read more towards both programs in the blog post.

I'm not privy to the actual reasons however the strategy of buying a silicone case is more to my liking because it won't put pressure on Pine64 to make actions towards the Reduce Digital Gap program before they are ready.

As for the PinePhone Community Edition donations, you can find donation links for most projects or developers if you would like to help them out directly.

(09-06-2020, 02:03 PM)PakoSt Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 10:00 PM)tllim Wrote:

Thank you for the reply, @tllim .

Hopefully someone within the community with the needed experience in woocommerce will rise to the occasion  Smile

PS: @bcnaz , you are getting mixed up between the PinePhone Community Edition program ($10 towards the current flavor- Ubports, Manjaro, postmarketOS, etc) and the Reduce Digital Gap program ($10 with each silicone case towards original model Pinebook which will be donated).

Read more towards both programs in the blog post.

I'm not privy to the actual reasons however the strategy of buying a silicone case is more to my liking because it won't put pressure on Pine64 to make actions towards the Reduce Digital Gap program before they are ready.

As for the PinePhone Community Edition donations, you can find donation links for most projects or developers if you would like to help them out directly.

I was just asking if there was a way to just "Give a Donation "

to the Developers ( or the Gap program )   "without making a Purchase".  (?)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@bcnaz , to the developers - check for each project. Ubports and Manjaro (at the bottom of the post) have links on their pages. Not sure about postmarketOS but Martjin Braam has Patreon. Megi has donation link. I'm sure you could find more if you ask on the channels or look through the webpages for a project you enjoy Cool

Note: I'm against creating a page on the wiki with links for donations. Everyone can alter the contents on the pine wiki which could lead to serious problems if one black sheep decides to highjack even one of the links. It's safer and better for everyone to find the donation links for each project or developer outside of the wiki altogether.

On the Reduce Digital Gap program from Pine64, I couldn't find mentions of direct donations. This is something which @tllim  or @lukasz can give more information about and I don't want to put words on their behalf. It's not my place to do so.

In my honest opinion, it is the administrative hassle accompanying accepting direct donations that plays a big part in the decisions.

I'm not sure if the program from Pine64 is directly connected to this one but take a look: https://www.close-the-gap.org/

(09-06-2020, 03:56 PM)PakoSt Wrote: @bcnaz , to the developers - check for each project. Ubports and Manjaro (at the bottom of the post) have links on their pages. Not sure about postmarketOS but Martjin Braam has Patreon. Megi has donation link. I'm sure you could find more if you ask on the channels or look through the webpages for a project you enjoy Cool

Note: I'm against creating a page on the wiki with links for donations. Everyone can alter the contents on the pine wiki which could lead to serious problems if one black sheep decides to highjack even one of the links. It's safer and better for everyone to find the donation links for each project or developer outside of the wiki altogether.

On the Reduce Digital Gap program from Pine64, I couldn't find mentions of direct donations. This is something which @tllim  or @lukasz can give more information about and I don't want to put words on their behalf. It's not my place to do so.

In my honest opinion, it is the administrative hassle accompanying accepting direct donations that plays a big part in the decisions.

I'm not sure if the program from Pine64 is directly connected to this one but take a look: https://www.close-the-gap.org/

Just aware https://www.close-the-gap.org/ and currently no connection.

Till now, there is $6373.62 already raise from PinePhone TPU protective casing for "Reduce Digital Gap" campaign.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What about a Pine digital audio player? ClairelyClaire 4 2,314 02-06-2023, 11:17 PM
Last Post: nixcamic
  Silicone case for PineBuds Pro Liz_34 0 648 01-12-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Liz_34
  Article: IoT Digital Twin with Roblox and The Things Network lupyuen 0 1,197 10-08-2021, 04:22 AM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Pine64 quality of the hardware support : the PinePhone case Gribouille 7 4,659 10-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ypd
  Rackmount cluster case as a Pine Store product? dfr 3 3,293 09-30-2021, 04:52 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Another PBP with a case crack ab1jx 3 3,775 03-06-2021, 02:03 PM
Last Post: ab1jx