Does anyone know where the scale to fit information is store?
What I mean is when I type in scale-to-fit firefox-ers on, where does that information get stored so that the phone knows to keep it that way?
(09-04-2020, 07:33 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: What I mean is when I type in scale-to-fit firefox-ers on, where does that information get stored so that the phone knows to keep it that way?

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/phoc/-/bl...to-fit#L26
(09-05-2020, 04:54 PM)spaetz Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 07:33 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: What I mean is when I type in scale-to-fit firefox-ers on, where does that information get stored so that the phone knows to keep it that way?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I mean store on the phone. I looked at their script and it has a path in it that I certainly can't find on Mobian of /sm/Puri/phoc/application/
(09-05-2020, 06:58 PM)ragreenburg Wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I mean store on the phone. I looked at their script and it has a path in it that I certainly can't find on Mobian of /sm/Puri/phoc/application/
Yes, it uses gsettings (the equivalent of the windows registry) and you can get and set these entries using the command I linked above. It *is* where scale-to-fit save the info as the list is part of the scale-to-fit source.
(09-06-2020, 08:26 AM)spaetz Wrote:

Yes, it uses gsettings (the equivalent of the windows registry) and you can get and set these entries using the command I linked above. It *is* where scale-to-fit save the info as the list is part of the scale-to-fit source.
I am still a bit confused on where I can find this information on my phone though. Because I made an app that scales everything but realized that without being able to check and see if they are already scaled it'd be impossible for it to know what is and isn't scaled.
(09-06-2020, 10:54 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:

I am still a bit confused on where I can find this information on my phone though. Because I made an app that scales everything but realized that without being able to check and see if they are already scaled it'd be impossible for it to know what is and isn't scaled.
The best way I've found to check the scale-to-fit settings is to use the dconf Editor application. Open the app and navigate to sm/puri/phoc/application, then you'll see a list of applications, and you can check each individually to see if scale-to-fit is set to "true" or "false" (you can also change the setting this way, rather than using the command line).
(09-06-2020, 10:54 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:

You should be able to check the value using dconf, such as:

Code:
sundog@sundog-pinephone-lxde-emmc:~$ dconf read /sm/puri/phoc/application/firefox-esr/scale-to-fit
true

Also,
Code:
dconf dump /
should show you all the values stored in the database
A64, SOPINE, Rock64, RockPro64, Pinebook1080p, Pinebook Pro, Pinephone, Pinewatch dev kit, Pinetab, Pinecil, Pinenut, Quartz64, Pinephone Pro, and PineNote (so far)
[quote pid='77464' dateline='1599840207']
Also,
Code:
dconf dump /
[/quote]

Hey, that's cool, thanks @sundog ! Simpler than using dconf Editor, especially if you narrow it down to just phoc:
Code:
dconf dump /sm/puri/phoc/
which only shows the scale-to-fit settings.
(09-11-2020, 10:27 AM)DarkManiels Wrote: [quote pid='77464' dateline='1599840207']
Also,
Code:
dconf dump /

Hey, that's cool, thanks @sundog ! Simpler than using dconf Editor, especially if you narrow it down to just phoc:
Code:
dconf dump /sm/puri/phoc/
which only shows the scale-to-fit settings.
[/quote]
Thank you for that! I'm a few years into using Linux and still learning tons of new stuff. I appreciate the help!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make scale setting persistent 3x5co 2 2,087 10-26-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: 3x5co
  Software store crashes LMalilil 3 4,381 09-28-2020, 10:13 AM
Last Post: ThrillGates
  Global scale-to-fit? DarkManiels 5 7,554 09-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Last Post: DarkManiels
  anyone notice that scale-to-fit works on some apps, but not others? arturo2bodegas 1 2,760 08-01-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Video output scale after update 14/07/2020 antiX-Dave 3 4,567 07-16-2020, 04:32 AM
Last Post: a-wai