led light
So, no fix for this? Can anyone from pine64 shed light on this?
Have not tried / looked myself. A couple of ideas in case it helps.
My guess would be this is handled via dbus notifications. If so maybe you could change this manually in the dbus settings or the dbus configuration files for notifications. Aside from that maybe making the file for the blue led control under /sys immutable. Or another option would be blacklisting the device, but that is likely a bit aggressive.
(08-03-2020, 08:13 AM)daniel Wrote: So, no fix for this?  Can anyone from pine64 shed light on this?

Pine64 has nothing to do with this.
The root cause is gnome-settings-daemon displaying a notification before auto-suspending the phone, therefore enabling the LED blink (and, once the phone gets into suspend, the LED stays in the previous state, which is generally ON).
Some DT tweaking might work around this issue, I'll have a look within the week.
The blue light just started appearing since I started using August 03 nightly.

It is on full time, even in suspend.    As long as the phone is powered on. 
    (I have the 5 minute default for suspend on battery)
When I first start the green led is on for a moment,  then no led while it boots
after that it goes to blue and that stays on until I power down.

I am Just curious what it is supposed to be indicating.  ?

Over-all this release seems to be a bit smoother, and ok speed-wise for running from an sd card.
   Seems to be a good release functions pretty well.

( Brave Heart phone, Mobian August 03 nightly, running from SD card, using ATT sim card)
(08-03-2020, 04:41 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:13 AM)daniel Wrote: So, no fix for this?  Can anyone from pine64 shed light on this?

The root cause is gnome-settings-daemon displaying a notification before auto-suspending the phone, therefore enabling the LED blink (and, once the phone gets into suspend, the LED stays in the previous state, which is generally ON).
Some DT tweaking might work around this issue, I'll have a look within the week.
Thanks for the answer.

So, if this is software, I wonder reinstalling OS should fix it?

I hope software developers to take note of this.
personally I really like the led as a visual cue for notifications - it takes me back to the early days of android when phones used to have an led just like the pinephone has. green when powering on, red for charging/error, blue for sleep...maybe solid for no notifications, slow blinking for notifications. endless possibilities. I love it.
(08-03-2020, 04:41 PM)a-wai Wrote:

I was OK with it in the past week - seemed to be blue LED was on when in CRUST mode and when there was a notification (incoming SMS, missed call etc).
Since this morning upgrade seems no longer on when in CRUST mode, but still comes on for unseen notification.

And waking from CRUST mode seems much faster?
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Blue led is staying on, likely it does not draw much power, and it tells you the phone is still powered on.
I do not consider it a problem, but I guess some prefer it to go away.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Here's the workaround fix i did in PureOS: https://pureos.ironrobin.net/git/clover/...13951cdb81
(08-05-2020, 08:18 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Blue led is staying on,  likely it does not draw much power,  and it tells you the phone is still powered on.
I do not consider it a problem, but I guess some prefer it to go away.

Running August 10 nightly on SD card with auto updates turned on,  Brave Heart edition phone.

From the phone being off then turning it on, I get the green led for about 1.5 seconds, then a quick flash of blue then red, then no led.

I am no longer seeing any led lights when active or in suspend.

Note:  Of five separate start up cycles, one time the sms/text app would not open,  until I sent myself a text from my other phone. ?

Edit:
I left the phone on overnight,  today it was at 48% charge, the blue led was flashing.
   When I attempted to open the sms/text app I just got a blank screen.
  I did a full shut down and then start up.  The sms/text then did open.  NOW NO blue led,  or any led.

----------------

August 14  update:
Now the green led lights momentarily on start up
Then the red led while the system finishes loading.
Finally when the OS is loaded and operating there is a steady flash of the blue led.
This seems to continue even when the OS is in suspend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Notification light when entering low power Barugon 5 3,369 11-22-2021, 06:20 AM
Last Post: beta-user
  Toggle light & dark themes with a launcher. MtnSk8 0 1,421 03-14-2021, 12:20 AM
Last Post: MtnSk8
  Proximity / ambient light sensor antiX-Dave 7 8,011 11-20-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: pinephonenewbee
  After update the green light comes on then the system hangs joz_mak 6 6,398 11-11-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: antiX-Dave