Pinebook Pro Open Arena Tournament (Saturday /Sunday fun anyone?)
(01-15-2020, 09:28 PM)hackerfantastic Wrote: Did someone say Quake3 Smile ? I am using Manjaro but not familiar with "openarena" - I was able to install ioquake3 from AUR fairly straight forward using "yay" package manager: "yay -S ioquake3-git" - do I need anything extra to join this server? The openarena binaries in AUR are for the intel platform only and looking around on git seemed overkill to compile when ioquake3 works. Anyone else playing openarena on Manjaro? would love to get online and frag some of you.
Could you provide instructions on how you got Quake3 running through this method? I've had some struggles with getting it going through a Github Repo.
Thanks
(07-11-2020, 04:03 PM)conor.murphy99 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:28 PM)hackerfantastic Wrote: Did someone say Quake3 Smile ? I am using Manjaro but not familiar with "openarena" - I was able to install ioquake3 from AUR fairly straight forward using "yay" package manager: "yay -S ioquake3-git" - do I need anything extra to join this server? The openarena binaries in AUR are for the intel platform only and looking around on git seemed overkill to compile when ioquake3 works. Anyone else playing openarena on Manjaro? would love to get online and frag some of you.
Could you provide instructions on how you got Quake3 running through this method? I've had some struggles with getting it going through a Github Repo.
Thanks

Edit the PKGBUILD file before building ioquake3-git

add aarch64 to arch:

`arch=('i686' 'x86_64' 'aarch64' )`

build de AUR package.

Why? no idea, but ioquake3 has no execute-rights, add them:

sudo chmod +x /opt/quake3/ioquake3

To play Q3 with the Retail Version:
  Move the pak0.pk3 file from the original game CD to:
    /opt/quake3/baseq3/

To play Q3 with the Demo Version:
  Move the demoq3/pak0.pk3 from the demo installer to:
    /opt/quake3/demoq3/

When you have the .pk3 file(s) installed, run the game:
    quake3

Or for the Demo Version:
    quake3 +set fs_game demoq3

or all pak0 till pak8 in
~/.q3a/baseq3/

for a valid cd-key google 22222222222 it Smile (I have the pak0 from steam, no-cd-key)
The future is here! ARM laptops!
Hi, not sure it's the right thread but I just cannot get a decent experience in 1080p. I'm using Manjaro and the package from spikerguy (but also tried openarena-git).
Unless I change the res to 720p (with an image occupying part of the screen), the game is very choppy. When I use `\cd_drawfps 1` to display the framerate, it show really good fps (50-60 fps) but this just doesn't correspond to the feel. Changing to 720p while limiting the fps (thus displaying lower numbers) actually feels better!
I tried everything but I think it be a problem with the graphics in general. I have the latest version of `mesa-git`, is there anything else that I should try?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiki: Pinebook 1080 entry disappeared Surehand53 1 2,772 12-28-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Can't open alerts on HTTP forum zxorg 0 2,425 12-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Last Post: zxorg
  Selling Pinebook 14" with 64GB eMMC, from Europe dahni 2 4,722 11-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Luke