Internal Display issues
He has an account on the forum if you want to send him a PM. Same username @ayufan
hey - pretty new to pinebook pro and this forum, but really happy with what I've been seeing in the community. I had the same issue as the OP and thought maybe my sequence of events will be a small contribution.

TLDR - chmod 777 on all the mrfixit files from here before running script.

Sequence of events - maybe this will help with the search when others do it.
- I was completely confused when I could hear the ubuntu booting from SD card, but saw nothing. 
- searched a few things like "SD card not working", "bootable is unbootable", "display not working" etc etc
- ended up looking through a post about ubuntu eMMC and ended up thinking that it might be the uboot script that had broken
- tried that method where step 6 occurs - we flash the uboot, but to no avail.
- I then refined my search and included "uboot issues" ending me here.
- I then tried the script again with sudo, but still display showed nothing and the ubuntu drums played in the background.
- last thing i did (probably not ideal), performed a chmod 777 on all the files, then running the script. (this worked!)

TLDR - chmod 777 on all the mrfixit files from here before running script.

Thanks Pine64 Community
Thanks!
I managed by copying the files manually, and it works! Chromium now boots. I still have to get widevine to work though. What I do not get, is where those mrfixit uboot files are when doing a git clone... the whole folder pinebook/filesystem does not exist in my local git copy... I'm too noobish... Smile
(04-17-2020, 03:58 AM)Eight Bit Wrote: Thanks!
I managed by copying the files manually, and it works! Chromium now boots. I still have to get widevine to work though. What I do not get, is where those mrfixit uboot files are when doing a git clone... the whole folder pinebook/filesystem does not exist in my local git copy... I'm too noobish...  Smile

if you're using ayufan's CrOS img, the script on his page should work to get Widevine going. If you're using one of brent's images, widevine is not yet working.
My youngest had a google meet meeting with her class today using Brent's v77 image (I think) on her own Chrome OS school account.
All worked great, microphone, camera, sound... The Pinebook handled over 20 incoming streams filled with yelling 7 year olds very well.
(04-17-2020, 02:32 PM)Eight Bit Wrote: My youngest had a google meet meeting with her class today using Brent's v77 image (I think) on her own Chrome OS school account.
All worked great, microphone, camera, sound... The Pinebook handled over 20 incoming streams filled with yelling 7 year olds very well.

Any image when using the Camera app?
(04-17-2020, 02:38 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:32 PM)Eight Bit Wrote: My youngest had a google meet meeting with her class today using Brent's v77 image (I think) on her own Chrome OS school account.

I just checked for you. I have no image in the camera app. But in google meet it works great!
(04-18-2020, 02:33 AM)Eight Bit Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:38 PM)tophneal Wrote:

I just checked for you. I have no image in the camera app. But in google meet it works great!

Interesting! It seems to be that the Camera app can't get video, while web apps have no issue. (I found that my cam worked pretty well in roll20.net.) It also works from the Settings to set a profile picture.