Internal Display issues
(04-15-2020, 04:24 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: Indeed, but I thought the device tree etc was loaded by the kernel, not by uboot. Even if it is loaded by uboot, Manjaro does not have display issues, so I don't really see where the problem comes from...
Anyway, for now it has been fixed.

I'll give it a shot later on today. Thank you for your effort in finding the culprit. Smile

I hope the Chromium experience is good enough to prevent me from having to buy a Chromebook for my daughter's school work.
this fix worked for me. I wonder when we can go back to main line u boot. it seemed faster to me.
The CrOS experience is quite good. I have noticed though that on my builds at least, YouTube playback (or most other videos) do not work however. So you might be safer using one of ayufan's (older) versions until I get the mainline kernel working with Panfrost.
The only thing I know not to work are the camera app (didn't try in a browser) and Android apps or the complete Linux environment for that matter.
(04-16-2020, 03:14 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: The CrOS experience is quite good. I have noticed though that on my builds at least, YouTube playback (or most other videos) do not work however. So you might be safer using one of ayufan's (older) versions until I get the mainline kernel working with Panfrost.
The only thing I know not to work are the camera app (didn't try in a browser) and Android apps or the complete Linux environment for that matter.

You're talking about building directly from the Chromium project, right? 

When using the Chromium from the pinebook pro wiki, I do the steps described in this thread by Tophneal and Youtube seems to work just fine: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...t=widevine

1. Resize STATE
After installing Chromium OS you should resize STATE partition:

Press: Ctrl+Alt+F2,
Login: chronos/chronos,
Run: sudo rockpro64-resize-statefs.sh, enter password chronos,
Exit and go back to the Chromium OS with Ctrl+Alt+F1.
2. Install Widevine DRM
The build supports Widevine DRM, but does not ship the binary as this is against Google license. You can install it manually, but first follow the resize manual:

Press: Ctrl+Alt+F2,
Login: chronos/chronos,
Run: sudo rockpro64-install-widevine.sh,
Reboot: sudo reboot.
I am indeed, but with the overlay created by ayufan and some adjustments for the newer versions. With the versions of the wiki, YouTube etc will work fine indeed Smile
(04-16-2020, 11:13 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: I am indeed, but with the overlay created by ayufan and some adjustments for the newer versions. With the versions of the wiki, YouTube etc will work fine indeed Smile

I didn't realize that the wiki versions aren't the most recent.  chromium from the wiki is very smooth.  I used it with my enterprise (school district) services and it works brilliantly. I wonder if/when the auyfan version will be updated?
(04-16-2020, 11:36 AM)mamboman777 Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:13 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: I am indeed, but with the overlay created by ayufan and some adjustments for the newer versions. With the versions of the wiki, YouTube etc will work fine indeed Smile

I didn't realize that the wiki versions aren't the most recent.  chromium from the wiki is very smooth.  I used it with my enterprise (school district) services and it works brilliantly. I wonder if/when the auyfan version will be updated?

Good news (kinda)! ayufan has been active in the #rock64 channel recently, and has begun rebuilding his imgs with mainline. I asked him about the possibility of updating his CrOS img, and he was down. Though, as Brent and I previously discussed, he agreed that it'll be best to wait until kernel 5.7 is released, to foster more OOTB suuport from the Chromium sources.
(04-16-2020, 01:20 PM)tophneal Wrote:

Good news (kinda)! ayufan has been active in the #rock64 channel recently, and has begun rebuilding his imgs with mainline. I asked him about the possibility of updating his CrOS img, and he was down. Though, as Brent and I previously discussed, he agreed that it'll be best to wait until kernel 5.7 is released, to foster more OOTB suuport from the Chromium sources.
That's awesome! Thank you so much for being the ambassador for this. Could you please clarify what you mean by "wait until kernel 5.7 is released?" Does that mean wait until 5.7 is out from the kernel development team, or wait until 5.7 is the kennel CrOS is using?
(04-16-2020, 01:52 PM)mamboman777 Wrote:

That's awesome! Thank you so much for being the ambassador for this. Could you please clarify what you mean by "wait until kernel 5.7 is released?" Does that mean wait until 5.7 is out from the kernel development team, or wait until 5.7 is the kennel CrOS is using?

A bit of both, I think. At the very least when it leaves development. Though, I believe ayufan mentioned CrOS isn't far behind with it's kernel (I think he said 5.4 currently) if it's not already up-to-speed with its kernel-next or kernel-upstream-mainline branches.
(04-16-2020, 01:55 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 01:52 PM)mamboman777 Wrote:

A bit of both, I think. At the very least when it leaves development. Though, I believe ayufan mentioned CrOS isn't far behind with it's kernel (I think he said 5.4 currently) if it's not already up-to-speed with its kernel-next or kernel-upstream-mainline branches.
well, regardless, could you please pass along a big thank you to Auyfan? his CrOS is my go to for streaming (since aarch64 doesn't have widevine) and like I already mentioned, works great for my enterprise duties.