Quick Start Manual Translations - Please help
(04-11-2020, 05:49 PM)matv1 Wrote: Hey @Luke

Here are the Dutch (Netherlands) translations in .docx and .pdf format.

I made the choice of also translating the document title itself into my language. It seemed the logical thing to. When dutch speaking people search for the appropriate document, they will be able to actually identify it. I suggest all translators do the same. Alternatively, we could leave the title in english and just add the language name (or country-code) to the title. If that is what you prefer, just change it back.

Enjoy your easter

Cheers,

Mathijs

Great translation Smile

I updated a stray " and " and fixed PinePhone casing inconsistencies. Also slightly tweaked a few translations

Attached Files
.docx   GEBRUIKERSHANDLEIDING - SNELLE START GIDS 1.2 (NL v2).docx (Size: 215.3 KB / Downloads: 412)
@Phreak How far along with the translation are you?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Here is the Finnish translation. It is done using the original ODT, please tell me if it needs to be updated.

Btw, I could not translate the ToC, it was write-protected.

Attached Files
.zip   USER MANUAL - QUICK START GUIDE 1.2 FINNISH.zip (Size: 214.86 KB / Downloads: 382)
(04-11-2020, 06:17 PM)vinnie Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 10:37 AM)Myxaxact Wrote: Hi, I translated a little over the Internet. Suddenly help. I could not make a table of contents ...

I don't know if it's the same problem I had with writer, but even if I removed the write protection to the toc and deleted it and tried to regenerate it, it was not created in any way.  So in the end I created a new document losing the formatting but being able to create the toc.

Yes, the problem is identical
Да проблема идентичная

@Luke

I changed the translation. He corrected his mistakes and added a table of contents.

Я изменил перевод. Исправил свои ошибки и добавил оглавление. 

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/esJgxo3CxxGRsmi
(04-14-2020, 12:11 AM)Myxaxact Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 06:17 PM)vinnie Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 10:37 AM)Myxaxact Wrote: Hi, I translated a little over the Internet. Suddenly help. I could not make a table of contents ...

I don't know if it's the same problem I had with writer, but even if I removed the write protection to the toc and deleted it and tried to regenerate it, it was not created in any way.  So in the end I created a new document losing the formatting but being able to create the toc.

Yes, the problem is identical
Да проблема идентичная

@Luke

I changed the translation. He corrected his mistakes and added a table of contents.

Я изменил перевод. Исправил свои ошибки и добавил оглавление. 

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/esJgxo3CxxGRsmi

Strange stuff. I'll upload a new .odt later today.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-10-2020, 10:02 AM)Kuruyia Wrote: @Luke Here's the first version of the French translation, it's bigger than the english guide but still manages to fit in the 5 pages, I can try to shrink the text if needed.
I have used my phone manual to have a translation that is as correct as possible (especially concerning legal stuff).

Here's a few notes and questions I've written during the translation that might help improving it:

Image texts are left untranslated because they can't directly be modified in the Word document.

Section 1:
  • Is the USB-C cable only a power cable or a data cable as well ?
Section 2.1:
  • I am not sure for the translation of "Operational variables and cautions", I'll be happy to have some help for this one
  • For temperatures, "*" as been kept instead of "°", like in the original document
Section 2.2:
  • I have translated "designated container" to "point de collecte" ("collection point") because it is more used in French.
    However, if the exact translation is needed, it is: "conteneur désigné".
  • "The batteries are to be returned to the sender": Are they to be returned to the sender only if the end user wants to return the batteries to PINE64?
Section 4:
  • "Software Releases" ("Software Release" in the original document) as not been translated because it is a section of the English Wiki.
Section 5:
  • "multi-color notification LED" has been translated to "RGB notification LED" because it is more spread in French, but the fact that the LED is actually RGB needs to be confirmed ?

I prepared  an update for the french translation.
It includes some typo, minor wording corrections but also some french idiomatic rephrasing, acronym descriptions for easier reading.
The section about certifications (RED etc) not available in rev 1.2 but in 1.3 , has also been included

I can send it by email as I was not able to attach to this post
(04-15-2020, 01:13 PM)mospaeda Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 10:02 AM)Kuruyia Wrote: @Luke Here's the first version of the French translation, it's bigger than the english guide but still manages to fit in the 5 pages, I can try to shrink the text if needed.
I have used my phone manual to have a translation that is as correct as possible (especially concerning legal stuff).

Here's a few notes and questions I've written during the translation that might help improving it:

Image texts are left untranslated because they can't directly be modified in the Word document.

Section 1:
Section 2.1:
  • I am not sure for the translation of "Operational variables and cautions", I'll be happy to have some help for this one
  • For temperatures, "*" as been kept instead of "°", like in the original document
Section 2.2:
  • I have translated "designated container" to "point de collecte" ("collection point") because it is more used in French.
  • "The batteries are to be returned to the sender": Are they to be returned to the sender only if the end user wants to return the batteries to PINE64?
Section 4:
  • "Software Releases" ("Software Release" in the original document) as not been translated because it is a section of the English Wiki.
Section 5:
  • "multi-color notification LED" has been translated to "RGB notification LED" because it is more spread in French, but the fact that the LED is actually RGB needs to be confirmed ?

It includes some typo, minor wording corrections but also some french idiomatic rephrasing, acronym descriptions for easier reading.
The section about certifications (RED etc) not available in rev 1.2 but in 1.3 , has also been included

I made it available in http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/KLN9LMGA   Link to file

Please also note that some fonts are not available and may need to be updated in the doc.
(04-15-2020, 01:58 PM)mospaeda Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 01:13 PM)mospaeda Wrote:

Section 1:
Section 2.1:
Section 2.2:
Section 4:
Section 5:

I made it available in http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/KLN9LMGA   Link to file

Please also note that some fonts are not available and may need to be updated in the doc.

Outside of some documents junk which seems to be still visible in the .odt file you´ve linked, Everything fine.
[Image: nLW8gOyL.png]
I´ve cleaned those, translated the schemas in French, and made in sort that goes in only 5 pages with little to no differences.
Available to be consulted here.
I will do Czech language.
@Luke 

Could you please share the images from the Manual?
I'd like to include them to a LaTeX version of the Russian translation which I'm doing.
PBP ISO / Debian Bullseye (unofficial installer)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  updated now phone won't start techariah 3 2,509 10-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Megapixels wont start Barugon 3 2,499 07-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: nelstomlinson
  mmc_erase: group start error -110, status 0x0 gab 1 2,166 06-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Last Post: 8bit
  Can't start Manjaro from eMMC Gon 2 2,951 05-22-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Best Browser And Way To Start OS snow season 5 7,668 10-18-2020, 12:28 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
Big Grin My PinePhone won't start. I am giving it away if you want to try and fix mswaleh 2 4,628 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM
Last Post: dustfinger