Nextcloudpi SD card fills up.
(11-25-2019, 10:41 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 08:53 PM)default_user8 Wrote: I really enjoy tinkering with these SBC's but everything i do is for my own use, my wife and kids couldn't care less and don't even bother to use the nextcloud/plexmedia server or the vpn server.  And my wife would rather see all the ads when she surfs the web than use phole.

I used to run contacts and calendar in tandium with google account, once I tested properly I ditched google for nextcloud. The only problem I have is that the default contacts app puts new contacts into google, unless you manually switch while adding.

Apart from that I setup my phone to auto upload photos and other files directly to nextcloud so if the worst should happen I don't lose any files.

Ok, i'm just going to admit to being lazy and ask, can you point me somewhere that will show me how to boot from the SD and run from a harddrive on the rock64.  When i was  using raspberrry pi's it was set up to boot from a usb drive, but i'm not that familiar with my rock64's yet.

P.S. I forgot to add i figured out what was filling up my SD card. I mirror my main drive to another drive with a cron job. My cron job was writing to my SD card instead of my backup hard drive.
(12-02-2019, 05:56 PM)default_user8 Wrote: Ok, i'm just going to admit to being lazy and ask, can you point me somewhere that will show me how to boot from the SD and run from a harddrive on the rock64.  When i was  using raspberrry pi's it was set up to boot from a usb drive, but i'm not that familiar with my rock64's yet.

P.S.  I forgot to add i figured out what was filling up my SD card.  I mirror my main drive to another drive with a cron job.  My cron job was writing to my SD card instead of my backup hard drive.

I followed some direction in this forum a long time ago, but the short version is this:
* write an image to a sdcard and hdd
* using gparted rename the main hdd partition to be rootfs
* then in the fstab on both I changed the root partition to be rootfs
* edited the /etc/default/extlinux and /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf to be root=LABEL=rootfs
(12-02-2019, 06:35 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 05:56 PM)default_user8 Wrote: Ok, i'm just going to admit to being lazy and ask, can you point me somewhere that will show me how to boot from the SD and run from a harddrive on the rock64.  When i was  using raspberrry pi's it was set up to boot from a usb drive, but i'm not that familiar with my rock64's yet.

P.S.  I forgot to add i figured out what was filling up my SD card.  I mirror my main drive to another drive with a cron job.  My cron job was writing to my SD card instead of my backup hard drive.

I followed some direction in this forum a long time ago, but the short version is this:
* write an image to a sdcard and hdd
* using gparted rename the main hdd partition to be rootfs
* then in the fstab on both I changed the root partition to be rootfs
* edited the /etc/default/extlinux and /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf to be root=LABEL=rootfs
Haha, i said i was being lazy, guess i was being stupid too, I forgot all about uboot.  Got my nextcloud up and running on an 80gb harddrive i attached via a usb 3.0 adapter.  Thanks for the help,  there is virtually no traffic in this forum compared to the raspberry pi community it's nice to get a reply.
Yes but it's all quality not quantity here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buildroot 2021.08 not booting from SD card jimmy 1 1,938 11-08-2021, 02:25 AM
Last Post: hunderteins
  NextCloudPi image for Rock64, NC version 13.0.2. nachoparker 11 22,867 03-15-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: kiriakos
  Tutorial How to write a image in the eMMc card without USB adaptor or serial cable gedas07 2 3,758 08-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Last Post: gedas07
  If you've messed up your eMMC Card - Solved gregb49 11 16,126 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: gregb49
  Help with a MicroSD card problem on Rock 64 Jakr 6 7,873 08-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: jl_678