R77-12371.7.104
(10-24-2019, 02:59 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Any guide how to enable Play Store?

Pretty sure ayufan said it won't work on chromium os. The linux vm does work however.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I installed this, but would also like to try other OSes. However,I can't get the PBP to boot from SD anymore. Does this image not allow for for the PBP to boot from SD first? I mistakenly didn't order a eMMC USB adapter, or UART cable, would my best bet be to open up the PBP, remove the eMMC, boot ayufan's bionic from SD, then pop the eMMC back on? Are there other methods to try to get back to Bionic on the SD?
I'm testing the image and I really like it. Thank you @ayufan .

I have two issues though:
- Can't install Linux VM (Unable to create disk image. Try again.) - is there any way I could do this from console and track the progress?
- OS freezing randomly - I suspected audio but I'm not sure now. It looks like system responsivity is decreasing rapidly and the only solution is to turn the system off.
(11-05-2019, 08:46 AM)elewarr Wrote: I'm testing the image and I really like it. Thank you @ayufan .

I have two issues though:
- Can't install Linux VM (Unable to create disk image. Try again.) - is there any way I could do this from console and track the progress?
- OS freezing randomly - I suspected audio but I'm not sure now. It looks like system responsivity is decreasing rapidly and the only solution is to turn the system off.

I also can't get the Linux VM to install, but can't confirm if it's the same error. The installer GUI just shows it failing at about ¾ of the way through. Afterward I can see the Terminal app, but it will not open.

I've also noticed that the two-finger tap/right button click usually doesn't work. After a few times of being able to use it after booting, it suddenly won't and it's then necessary to hold Alt for any context menus.
(11-05-2019, 08:46 AM)elewarr Wrote: I have two issues though:

Are you running Chromium OS from SD card or eMMC? The release notes mentioned that the Linux VM only works when running from eMMC.
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
I'm running Chromium on eMMC.
Same. Chromium is installed to eMMC, and Linux Tools install fails ¾ of the way through. Is there a command to try from crosh/shell? I'd be interested to see what the problem is that installation is encountering.
OK, I was able to install crouton (core target) manually following this instruction:
https://www.howtogeek.com/343222/how-to-...ux-window/
(11-06-2019, 01:33 PM)elewarr Wrote: OK, I was able to install crouton (core target) manually following this instruction:
https://www.howtogeek.com/343222/how-to-...ux-window/

Does startxfce4 work? After a few failed times of trying to install Linux Tools, I tried using Crouton. It seemed to install successfully, but no commands actually worked. startxfce4 would error out each time, I think the message given was that it couldn't detect the display.
@tophneal, previously I tried sid release with core target (so command line only). And just for quick test I tried to install xfce target, xenial release, but it doesn't work for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation DONT INSTALL TO EMMC R77-12371.7.104.g78f88d6 VERSION YET! erchache2000 11 15,344 08-14-2020, 11:38 PM
Last Post: shoichimiyake