Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release
Great news. Is there any ETA on when this new kernel source will be available?

I'm trying to use my rockpro as a TvHeadend server but I think the pcie keeps locking up (stream freezes randomly but after a stop and start it plays again until the next random freeze) with your previous kernel source. And I need to compile in some other dvb modules for my pcie tuner.

At the moment the only use I can get out of my rockpro is as an expensive paperweight.
(05-18-2019, 03:32 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Updated release! Still working on PCIe + Pulse issue, but in the meantime here's a bunch of goodies and updates:
https://github.com/mrfixit2001/debian_de...tag/190518

- Netflix and Spotify now play in Chromium
- Suspend and Resume support is now included
- AUFS drivers embedded into kernel
- CDN-DP firmware loading fixed
- LOTS of additional mainline back-ports and custom fixes
- Additional drivers included in kernel, including (but not limited to):
  •     - LOTS of networking stuff, such as VLAN and IPv6
  •     - Requirements for DOCKER containers
  •     - Additional Intel PCIe drivers
  •     - RAID support
- Additional PCIe driver fixes - Gen2 training now works
- Improved Networking Performance
- IR-Receiver support added to device tree

Debian 9 (Stretch) MrFixIt 190518
=================================

SBC: RockPro64 v2.1

1. Flashed [xz] image to uSD with Etcher.
OK. Verified.

2. Re-sized /ROOT partition to 59Gb, 159Mb unused.
/BOOT partition flags OK; boot, lba.

3. Booted my RKP64 with the 190518 image.
Nothing, screen stays blank, white LED double flash.
Let the RKP64 run for 5min, nothing...

4. Un-compressed 190518 image.
Re-flashed using etcher.
Re-sized /ROOT partition to 59Gb, 159Mb unused.

5. Booted my RKP64 with the 190518 image.
Let the RKP64 run for 5min, nothing...

This image will not boot.
Can you provide the sha256 sum for the image?

I will try downloading once again and attempt to boot the image.

/Faradn
UPDATE:
2nd image download/flash/boot worked fine.
However...
Ethernet interface eth0 does not automatically initialize.
I have to disconnect/reconnect eth0 for IP connectivity.
Not good for NoMachine remote access.

/Faradn
Is there anyway to setup remote desktop connection via ssh on this build ?

Because I tried all guids out there and I could not .. I keep getting an error one way or another.

Also, do I need a driver for DSI connection ? I have the lcd screen connected via DSI but it isn't working. The HDMI work Though
Faradn - I've seen the IP connectivity reported from time to time, but it seems to always be resolved with a reboot. If you have any more details or suggestions, I encourage them! Thanks!

AmroIb - DSI and EDP are not currently enabled by default. You'll need to go about doing a kernel device tree overlay to enable them - not something I currently can reliably support, but is definitely possible.

pbut5 - will definitely update kernel source as time allows
crashes when I open the chromium settings tab.
(05-21-2019, 12:50 PM)kardanadm Wrote: crashes when I open the chromium settings tab.

I have an issue with chromium settings but not a "crash": The page load and after 1-3 seconds it change to "o snap something went wrong".
I could change a setting by being supper fast and clicking it but I didn't manage to change the other settings.
(05-21-2019, 12:32 PM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Faradn - I've seen the IP connectivity reported from time to time, but it seems to always be resolved with a reboot. If you have any more details or suggestions, I encourage them! Thanks!

AmroIb - DSI and EDP are not currently enabled by default. You'll need to go about doing a kernel device tree overlay to enable them - not something I currently can reliably support, but is definitely possible.

pbut5 - will definitely update kernel source as time allows

@Mrfixit2001 

I Tried disabling NetworkManager and use the/etc/network/interfaces // ifup ifdown method and
the same thing: eth0 does not auto initialize.

Now my thoughts are what's to be with the PineBookPro64...
NetworkManager will be a must since there  will be many different
wireless & wired network connections required by  the users.

I hope this will be tops on the Debian 9 bug list.

/Faradn

PS: Nice BBS makeover Wink
(05-22-2019, 04:13 AM)Slam Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 12:50 PM)kardanadm Wrote: crashes when I open the chromium settings tab.

I have an issue with chromium settings but not a "crash": The page load and after 1-3 seconds it change to "o snap something went wrong".
I could change a setting by being supper fast and clicking it but I didn't manage to change the other settings.

Unable to recreate. Is this something that only happens on the settings page for you guys?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

So far I only faced that when going to settings yes: chrome://settings/
it does load but then a second or two after it loaded I get the Aw, snap, something went wrong

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 17,321 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 551 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,343 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,151 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,414 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  Debian image configured for USB-C OTG? djonathan 2 2,572 01-06-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: susy1075
Bug Unreliable display in Armbian and Debian ksattic 3 3,155 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  Debian Bullseye & RockPro64: No tty consoles? Pete Tandy 9 7,516 11-08-2021, 02:33 PM
  HBA Card working on Aufan's builds but not in debian, armbian or dietpi charsi 1 1,878 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
  Two Questions About Debian on RockPro64 publiclewdness 0 1,309 09-30-2021, 11:54 AM
Last Post: publiclewdness