Feature Complete Debian Desktop Release
Code:
dowload from: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc

Tag: 18.0rc4-Leia

1.: Download the proper ffmpeg to the corresponding subdir in source tree
2.: Add to cmakelists the ffmpeg compile options --enable-version3 --enable-libdrm --enable-rkmpp

Compiled with the following command line:

cmake -lpthread -DFFMPEG_URL=tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/4.0.3-Leia-Beta5.tar.gz -DENABLE_X11=OFF -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=OFF -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF -DENABLE_OPENGLES=ON -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm -DGBM_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF -DCPACK_GENERATOR=DEB -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_VERSION=18.0rc4 -DDEBIAN_PACKAGE_REVISION=0bionic-rockchip1 -DDEB_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE=armhf -DWITH_ARCH=arm -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a53 ../xbmc

cmake --build . -- -j6
cpack

This is to install KODI. Credit to original source here.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi,

Like ziibii88 says above, thanks to Luke and Mrfixit2001 for your work; it looks amazing. A Quake demo will get me every time!  I wish I had hardware to test it on, but the Pinebook Pro will be my first Pine64 purchase, so sorry I can't contribute in some way.

Towards the end of the video, Luke says:
Quote:So there you have it. We think it's a fully fledged desktop image which acts as a desktop replacement, perfectly fine for thin client and we also hope that this will be one of the first images available for the Pinebook Pro, when that comes out.

I'm curious as to what is meant by the thin client reference, here?
Quote: I'm curious as to what is meant by the thin client reference, here?

That this won't replace your i7 with 32GB RAM workstation for rendering.

Quote:That this won't replace your i7 with 32GB RAM workstation for rendering.

Oh, but this is exactly what I'm hoping for Big Grin
It is fantastic, that there is some further developement in the Rk3399 world! This CPU is far to powerful for just sitting in the dark. Very good work.
What i am missing are some more sound devices . In one of ayufans very early images we could find SPDIF output working, it get lost and never returned. In Kernel 4.4 SPDIF and I2S should be supported but on none of my Rk3399 boards these features are available...(i am thinking about I2s via the Gpio pins, not HDMi). I can not access alsamixer in this Image, aplay shows up 2 devices.

One thing that is really annoying is the white flashing LED on my V2.0 Board; could this moved to static?

Regards
(03-16-2019, 05:27 AM)Da Alchemist Wrote: It is fantastic, that there is some further developement in the Rk3399 world! This CPU is far to powerful for just sitting in the dark.  Very good work.
What i am missing are some more  sound devices . In one of ayufans very early images we could find SPDIF output working, it get lost and never returned. In Kernel 4.4 SPDIF and I2S should be supported but on none of my Rk3399 boards these features are available...(i am thinking about I2s via the Gpio pins, not HDMi). I can not access alsamixer in this Image, aplay shows up 2 devices.

One thing that is really annoying is the white flashing LED on my V2.0 Board; could this moved to static?

Regards

I'd argue that the SOC was never in the dark... just not ready for desktop use. Anyways,  good point about the sound sources.
If you want to check what alsa allows you to access and set. Perhaps you'll also be able to increase the volume of the aux output - for those who complained about low volume.

Code:
sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
sudo apt-get install alsamixer

(03-16-2019, 12:49 AM)ziibii88 Wrote: Hello,

First of all I would like to thank @Mrfixit2001 and @Luke and the community for all the hard word and commitment for the development of the rockpro64 (rp64). Thanks you!

I got my rp64 board just few days ago and have been experimenting with various available images including the desktop and minimal releases. So far this is the best one I have come across in terms of playback for audio and video. Like @NightCrawler504 I have also upgraded to rp64 from rpi3 to be used as a home media server with nas/file server. But to my disappointment there is still a lot of development that needs to happen before I can fully replace my rpi3 even though rp64 is vastly superior in performance and interface connectivity. However, I would like to contribute to the community as much as I can even though I am still a complete noob.

So after playing with this release for couple hours, I have hit wall when I tried to install NFS server. When trying to start the nfs-server it fails due to nfs or nfsd module not present in the kernel. So my question would be, is there any linux-headers available for 4.4.171 so I can compile the nfs/nfsd module and add to the kernel? Or if anyone be kind enough to point me to the right direction on how to get the nfs/nfsd module into the kernel without a full recompile?

Also on the side note, I did not have much time, but I tried to connect a bluetooth audio device, such as a JBL Charge 2+, it paired successfully however could not establish any connection to audio sink / headset and failed. I will try to test it again later. And also the volume from the 3.5mm jack is extremely low, I tried with different speakers and cables but to no avail. I am unsure if that is a software / hardware related matter. However, the volume from the HDMI out is fine.

For now thank you all for your continued support!

Hmm it appears to already be included in the kernel, but not as a module:
CONFIG_NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS=y
CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
CONFIG_NFS_V2=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL=y
CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
CONFIG_NFS_SWAP=y

Full config output here: https://pastebin.com/FKzRTrWX
A few additions since that post, including cifs, aufs, and some additional networking netfilter drivers. 
Also - the kernel source is on my GitHub if you want to compile from source.

SPDIF is on the list to be fixed :Smile

Nightcrawler - As for 4k and desktop - I'm pretty sure RPI won't do 4k at all, so comparing the two doesn't seem fair ;Wink
Streaming works fine in KODI on both libreelec and recalbox, but I've reached out to you on discord to try and help figure out why you've run into an issue.
(03-16-2019, 08:06 AM)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: ...
SPDIF is on the list to be fixed :Smile

Cool!

I have already tried to install alsa-utils; gives in return : alsa-utils is already the newest version (1.1.3-1)
Thanks, I can live without 4k desktop but 1080 not suitable because of overscan, wont do 1024x768, same happens on Android but there is a zoom option in hdmi menu that lets me fit screen nice. No option to fit overscan on Linux, if there is a config file somewhere don't know where, let me be clear you and Luke are our hero's, you are the light at the end of the tunnel, still after almost a years wait you must understand my dissatisfaction, these products have a shelf life, if they don't appeal in a window of time they become obsolete, maybe that's why pine now has an allwinner board, this product can still be a huge success, but it needs to be now before the window closes and its outperformed or outpriced by other full functioning product, in business the first one that gets there is always in a huge advantage, this board has the opportunity to go mainstream and be a huge success, be part of that segment that wants to upgrade their rpi even beat asus tinker board, I feel pine is letting it go away. That would make development slow down and not willing to wait any longer to upgrade the pi, Thanks really this is more of a general topic, your build is awesome you even beat Armbian to the race so congratulations and thank you Big Grin
I figured whats necessary to get Netflix and Amazon working. What I don't know at this point how much work it is and if its possible to distribute it on Debian in general (if someone knows about widevine and redistribution on Chromium, let me know). If someone, with a degree of insight, would like to donate their time to get it working let me know - I'd gladly delegate the task.

Turns out I've got all we need ... just need to package it as a deb. Still, want to know about the first bit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vanilla mainline Debian 11 (Bullseye) on the RockPro64 Pete Tandy 22 16,834 08-16-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: varac
  How do I enable Pine touchdisplay as display on Debian? Thisone 0 515 04-23-2023, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Thisone
  Is some u-boot required on the SPI for installing debian with the official installer? callegar 1 1,284 10-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Post: ratzzupaltuff
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,111 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Install Mali 400 Drivers for Debian 11 on RockPro64 MaverickPi 2 2,321 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM
Last Post: sigmaris
  Debian image configured for USB-C OTG? djonathan 2 2,488 01-06-2022, 03:09 AM
Last Post: susy1075
Bug Unreliable display in Armbian and Debian ksattic 3 3,070 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  Debian Bullseye & RockPro64: No tty consoles? Pete Tandy 9 7,313 11-08-2021, 02:33 PM
  HBA Card working on Aufan's builds but not in debian, armbian or dietpi charsi 1 1,822 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
  Two Questions About Debian on RockPro64 publiclewdness 0 1,273 09-30-2021, 11:54 AM
Last Post: publiclewdness