Shipping Progress
1: The valid reason is that they got more than 55x the orders they were prepared for. (That isn't including backerkit orders, which according to their facebook totals at $2,750,000+ in sales) They weren't prepared to get millions of dollars of sales during their campaign, so you shouldn't expect them to generate a ton of these boards at high quality. 

2: The complaints about the Pines shipping out so late/slow cause the boards to be made faster, packed faster, etc. BUT! This likely is what is causing the boards to be bent in some cases, shown here on the forums. You and others complaining and being vulgar about your buyer's remorse is not helping the quality of these, which will likely upset you any more. With your high expectations, you should really stick to Amazon or eBay. Kickstarters don't need people like you to put a damper on their great ideas.

3: Your early bird Feburary order may have already shipped. If you're looking on the forums, you will see that Backerkit (NOT PINE64!) has caused some issues with getting shipping details out to backers, so the Pine64 team has to manually enter in tracking numbers. Let's do the math... Here's a sample of a tracking number, straight from USPS: 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00 22 characters per order. 500-600 orders per day. 11k-13k numbers to type every day to keep up with shipping. Every day. Has to be 100% accurate.

4: With all of the demands, Linux development, Android development, shipping, quality control, answering angry emails, backerkit, the Pine64 team has A TON of work to do, and if they prioritize shipping, people complain about the operating systems not being developed. If they prioritize OS dev, people complain about not getting their boards. 

Be patient. Keep you and your negative comments to yourself. Some of us out here are looking forward to our boards, and good things take time.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(03-28-2016, 07:05 AM)pine.tree Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 05:40 AM)komplike Wrote: What you have written doesn't justify the shit that's been going on. I am well aware of these and yes, I won't back any Kickstarter project any more.

But that doesn't change the fact that my order has not been sent yet and I have not been provided a valid reason and a true and honest update of when I should really expect my order to be sent. This project seems to be a successful one, as per the updates and screenshots/pictures we have seen so far. And they seem to have the boards. The issue is not about the risk of the project or the shit you pasted above but the how they are executing it. They say they started March orders but I'm still waiting for my February Early Bird one.

So, maybe you should mind your own fucking business instead of pissing off people more, especially/provided you don't work for them.

1: The valid reason is that they got more than 55x the orders they were prepared for. (That isn't including backerkit orders, which according to their facebook totals at $2,750,000+ in sales) They weren't prepared to get millions of dollars of sales during their campaign, so you shouldn't expect them to generate a ton of these boards at high quality. 

2: The complaints about the Pines shipping out so late/slow cause the boards to be made faster, packed faster, etc. BUT! This likely is what is causing the boards to be bent in some cases, shown here on the forums. You and others complaining and being vulgar about your buyer's remorse is not helping the quality of these, which will likely upset you any more. With your high expectations, you should really stick to Amazon or eBay. Kickstarters don't need people like you to put a damper on their great ideas.

3: Your early bird Feburary order may have already shipped. If you're looking on the forums, you will see that Backerkit (NOT PINE64!) has caused some issues with getting shipping details out to backers, so the Pine64 team has to manually enter in tracking numbers. Let's do the math... Here's a sample of a tracking number, straight from USPS: 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00 22 characters per order. 500-600 orders per day. 11k-13k numbers to type every day to keep up with shipping. Every day. Has to be 100% accurate.

4: With all of the demands, Linux development, Android development, shipping, quality control, answering angry emails, backerkit, the Pine64 team has A TON of work to do, and if they prioritize shipping, people complain about the operating systems not being developed. If they prioritize OS dev, people complain about not getting their boards. 

Be patient. Keep you and your negative comments to yourself. Some of us out here are looking forward to our boards, and good things take time.

I don't give a single flying fuck to your points above. I'm an end-user, a consumer, a backer... I've been promised a product that I paid for right away. That promise has not been delivered and all I have are some stupid updates with excuses and vague points and then nothing.

The only thing you'd say negative in my comments is my response to you morons who defend these people for no reason. Other than that, whatever you see negative is my situation that I did not receive anything, and that is not my fault. Read my comments again if you'd like.

Again, what I'm upset about is the vague and dishonest updates. If they said "dude, we will ship your fucking item on 16th June at 15:38pm GMT+1" then I will fucking wait without any further word. That would be more than welcome, than stupidly saying "oh we had a slight delay", "this happens because Kickstarter bla bla bla", etc. I don't buy this shit. Having not sent Early Bird Feb order when it is almost April is not a fucking slight delay! Be honest to me. Otherwise GTFO.

And you fanboys, I don't give a damn how you want to wait for ages. Keep this to yourself!
If everybody threw their toys out of the pram and they had to spend 5 minutes on each of them, that's over 100 man days of pointless work. Personally I'd rather we just let them do their job rather than increasing the work required.

Besides it was you who started this tantrum in public, it's unlikely you'll find much sympathy here, it is the internet, after all.

Sit tight, I'm sure you'll be fed soon enough.
You were never promised a product for February. Everywhere on the Kickstarter, it said "Estimated Delivery", and you think you have the right to complain that it's not in your hands, claiming they "promised" you to get it in Feb? Heh.

These delays are called slight because even Pine64 is hoping that their factories can provide in time. Don't complain about things that are totally out of Pine64's control, and that they can't predict. Such as the natural disaster that killed a bunch of workers in the supplier's production line. Don't complain about your Pine64 not arriving when people have literally died making parts for it.
(03-28-2016, 08:43 AM)pine.tree Wrote: You were never promised a product for February. Everywhere on the Kickstarter, it said "Estimated Delivery", and you think you have the right to complain that it's not in your hands, claiming they "promised" you to get it in Feb? Heh.

These delays are called slight because even Pine64 is hoping that their factories can provide in time. Don't complain about things that are totally out of Pine64's control, and that they can't predict. Such as the natural disaster that killed a bunch of workers in the supplier's production line. Don't complain about your Pine64 not arriving when people have literally died making parts for it.

If you think you have the right to fight me about this, then I have every right to complain since I paid for it.

You probably have an issue understanding what's written in front of you. I totally accept the "estimated delivery" thing. The issue is the estimation itself and being honest about it. Read my previous comment, carefully this time.

Also, let's not confuse things here. Those people did not die making parts for Pine64. They died because of an earthquake which has nothing to do with Pine64 and definitely not me. Don't play this "dead people" card just because you are out of a valid point.
Exactly! Pine64 had nothing to do with the earthquake, so by complain about it and blame Pine64 for the delays? The dishonest updates are dishonest because of the delays, which Pine can't be blamed for, and can't predict!
Oh sorry, I should have blamed McDonald's instead.
Don't blame anyone- accept the fact that Pine64 is doing the best they can to work with the outside supplier delays, and that your order isn't coming on time because of the huge amount to process. I understand that you want your Pine64 on time, as do i, but there are some things that can't be helped.
(03-28-2016, 04:32 AM)komplike Wrote: Another 2GB February Early Bird here and nothing yet. So annoyed!

I can't even contact these people directly from their website as the contact form says "Failed to send your ticket. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method." every time.

Just seen an update from a moderator here 3 days ago. Says "Early bird 2GB should be shipped by now, currently already work on march 2GB dispatch.".

Are you kidding me? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I'm "2GB February Early Bird". How the hell did you move on to March shipments before sending mine (and possibly others' too)?

I'm so pissed off! No wonder why people showed up at your offices!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Show me how I can do this or contact you regarding this. Now!
Please email to support@pine64,com and ask for your money back if the shipment not yet dispatch.
(03-25-2016, 08:43 AM)tllim Wrote: Early bird 2GB should be shipped by now, currently already work on march 2GB dispatch.

Still "Ready to ship" on my order. Details attached.

I suppose that support@pine64.com is /dev/null as there was no answer in nearly two weeks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happened to $12 EU shipping rate to Poland? Randomuser 5 3,071 12-17-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ashvaganda
  Shipping Alternatives for USA customers FOSSagent0 4 2,768 05-13-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Shipping to Canada extremely costly cptantiles 1 1,145 02-28-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Shipping TO Hong Kong? hker 1 2,073 07-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Last Post: RuTrainsurfer
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 8,120 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  Have EU pinephones started shipping since CNY? baigan 6 5,303 02-28-2022, 10:55 PM
Last Post: tllim
  No more standard shipping? kqlnut 3 3,737 07-19-2021, 05:45 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,360 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  no shipping notice on my purchase restiforin 0 2,239 06-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: restiforin
  Shipping service used in Canada MikeJewski 6 12,038 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Last Post: optimus