Recommend a book for learning pine64
Hi
any body know a book for learning pine64 ???
thank you
(02-09-2017, 07:43 PM)sadegh Wrote: any body know a book for learning pine64 ???

What do you mean, "... for learning pine64??"

...  the PineA64 runs (predominantly) Android or Gnu+Linux.  There are plenty of resources for learning both of those OS /

The way you learn about the PineA64 is to read the wiki , participate in this forum ( or the armbian forum ) , and participate on the PineA64 irc  ( see below ).

The platform is too new for mainstream publications to be out yet;  PineA64 is a very organic platform which has a very dynamic community;  dive in.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
What Mark says...

you can also have a look @ books about the fundamentals of arduino...
That will help you understand the basics of SBC's.
If you need anything, just send me a pm.. got heaps of arduino e-books stored om my NetworK drives.

...tech
If you wan to look at published literature you have to search for topics like "Embedded Linux" which will explain the basics that apply to any SBCs or embedded electronics running a Linux kernel. But there are usually more up-to-date web sources out there like http://elinux.org/Main_Page
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
I mean a book project
For example, the raspberry pi user guide ,Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python ,Raspberry Pi By Example or magpi and...
for Raspberry is published
(02-10-2017, 02:39 PM)sadegh Wrote: I mean a book project
For example, the raspberry pi user guide ,Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python ,Raspberry Pi By Example  or magpi and...

Thank you for the clarifying question.

... also, to clarify, I am an SBC enthusiast generally speaking ( Aruduino, Intel Edison, Raspberry PI, and PineA64 ).  Of those two are by far and away the numbers leaders: Arduino and RPi.  To speak of just one, in four years the Raspberry PI foundation has sold in excess of 10 million ( that's right, 10,000,000+ ) units world-wide. Consequently  the mainstream press ( and others ) have tried to capitalize on the RPi interest by spinning off a secondary market of project publications and other resources.

Also, both the Arduino and the Raspberry PI were produced primarily for educational purposes;  particularly the Raspberry PI Foundation and her non profit product deliveries.  As a consequence there are many many educational materials in the main press for leveraging the Raspberry PI ( or the Arduino ) which do not exist yet for ( but are applicable to ) the PineA64 board;  why?

A number of reasons for this are : 1) the PineA64 was not initially intruduced as an educational replacement for the Raspberry PI ( although it certainly could have been ),  and 2) the PineA64 has not been agressively marketed as an educational replacement for the Raspberry PI, and 3) the initial bad press about the PineA64 SBC has held down its numbers-- not to mention its initial shipping fiasco which resulted in product wait times that were exceptionally long and tedious.

Consequently,  in comparison to the volumes of boards produced for the Raspberry PI Foundation,  the numbers of PineA64 boards in the wild are in the thousands, not tens of millions ( as the RPi enjoys );  therefore, the PineA64 board has not warranted the time, expense, nor marketing required to produce secondary spin-offs like project boards (shields) or project books ( as in educational materials ).

Of course all of this may change ( as many of us hope it will ).  With the sopine, padi stamp, pinebook, and new PineA64 boards in the future the Pine platform may be able to compete with the Raspberry PI to the point where the Pine platform will also enjoy the secondary spin-offs of the DIY community and the publications business.  This has not happened yet, but we look forward to the day when it will.

However,  I encourage you to engage with the Raspberry PI community also, and to read their web site as well, and of course participate on their forum and irc.   Read the RPi educational materials and even consider purchasing an RPi also.  Why?  -- because the Raspberry PI materials are ALL applicable to the PineA64 platform as well. The two reinforce one another, and the two compliment one another.  The same is true for studying other MCU(s) like the Arduino (Atmega328p) and others.  At this point in time I have a small sub-library of SBC related materials  ( some of my favorite books ) and all of it one way or the other pertains to the Pine platform indirectly in powerful ways.

Keep learning, always read, stay connected.  GO PineA64 !
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
thank you Sad
(02-11-2017, 05:01 AM)sadegh Wrote: thank you Sad

You are welcome--  why the sad face ?

...  is there something specific we could help you with to get you started?
marcushh777    Cool

i was thinking there is enough here and at the armbian forum along with links therein to provide enough reading for an hour a day for at least a month. then do a google search for "pine64" and there will be plenty more.
(02-10-2017, 06:26 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 02:39 PM)sadegh Wrote: I mean a book project
For example, the raspberry pi user guide ,Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python ,Raspberry Pi By Example  or magpi and...

Thank you for the clarifying question.

... also, to clarify, I am an SBC enthusiast generally speaking ( Aruduino, Intel Edison, Raspberry PI, and PineA64 ).  Of those two are by far and away the numbers leaders: Arduino and RPi.  To speak of just one, in four years the Raspberry PI foundation has sold in excess of 10 million ( that's right, 10,000,000+ ) units world-wide. Consequently  the mainstream press ( and others ) have tried to capitalize on the RPi interest by spinning off a secondary market of project publications and other resources.

Also, both the Arduino and the Raspberry PI were produced primarily for educational purposes;  particularly the Raspberry PI Foundation and her non profit product deliveries.  As a consequence there are many many educational materials in the main press for leveraging the Raspberry PI ( or the Arduino ) which do not exist yet for ( but are applicable to ) the PineA64 board;  why?

A number of reasons for this are : 1) the PineA64 was not initially intruduced as an educational replacement for the Raspberry PI ( although it certainly could have been ),  and 2) the PineA64 has not been agressively marketed as an educational replacement for the Raspberry PI, and 3) the initial bad press about the PineA64 SBC has held down its numbers-- not to mention its initial shipping fiasco which resulted in product wait times that were exceptionally long and tedious.

Consequently,  in comparison to the volumes of boards produced for the Raspberry PI Foundation,  the numbers of PineA64 boards in the wild are in the thousands, not tens of millions ( as the RPi enjoys );  therefore, the PineA64 board has not warranted the time, expense, nor marketing required to produce secondary spin-offs like project boards (shields) or project books ( as in educational materials ).

Of course all of this may change ( as many of us hope it will ).  With the sopine, padi stamp, pinebook, and new PineA64 boards in the future the Pine platform may be able to compete with the Raspberry PI to the point where the Pine platform will also enjoy the secondary spin-offs of the DIY community and the publications business.  This has not happened yet, but we look forward to the day when it will.

However,  I encourage you to engage with the Raspberry PI community also, and to read their web site as well, and of course participate on their forum and irc.   Read the RPi educational materials and even consider purchasing an RPi also.  Why?  -- because the Raspberry PI materials are ALL applicable to the PineA64 platform as well. The two reinforce one another, and the two compliment one another.  The same is true for studying other MCU(s) like the Arduino (Atmega328p) and others.  At this point in time I have a small sub-library of SBC related materials  ( some of my favorite books ) and all of it one way or the other pertains to the Pine platform indirectly in powerful ways.

Keep learning, always read, stay connected.  GO PineA64 !
Thumbs Up !!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question External storage problem for pine64 Dani6102 4 1,619 08-22-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: gulshan212
  Pine64 as wireless audio device S265 3 3,161 04-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Last Post: S265
  Pine64(+) and manjaro dsychan 0 1,113 04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dsychan
Thumbs Down Pine64 was a Useless Project pushpendrak 18 28,336 11-21-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 LCD rstcologne 0 3,091 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: rstcologne
  Pine64+ power button PaddyChan 0 2,743 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM
Last Post: PaddyChan
  Pine64 OS dpcons 2 4,899 03-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: dpcons
  Jailhouse supports Pine64+ vj-kumar 0 2,805 02-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: vj-kumar
  PINE64 board not powering up loki21century 2 5,519 11-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Partymack711
  Pine64 not powering up. skylab 5 7,168 05-03-2019, 02:48 PM