Received two months ago still no good
Sad 
I received my pine 64 about two months ago.  I plugged it all in and nothing.  So I went to the live chat and asked for some assistance and all they kept asking was "what operating system are you running?"  I said "Its not running at all." So in frustration, I sent an email off to tech support at pine and also bought a new class 10 sd card and reloaded the Linux operating system on it.  Nothing on both counts.  The system didn't go and I did not hear from tech support. So I sent another request for help to tech support and also sent an message through kickstarter to the pine 64 folks.  Still nothing.  So how do I get some help getting this started?  I tried different monitors.  Tried running it with and without the Ethernet cord plugged in, still nothing.
(09-01-2016, 04:42 PM)black screens matter Wrote: I received my pine 64 about two months ago.  I plugged it all in and nothing.  So I went to the live chat and asked for some assistance and all they kept asking was "what operating system are you running?"  I said "Its not running at all." So in frustration, I sent an email off to tech support at pine and also bought a new class 10 sd card and reloaded the Linux operating system on it.  Nothing on both counts.  The system didn't go and I did not hear from tech support. So I sent another request for help to tech support and also sent an message through kickstarter to the pine 64 folks.  Still nothing.  So how do I get some help getting this started?  I tried different monitors.  Tried running it with and without the Ethernet cord plugged in, still nothing.

Hi. What method did you utilise to burn the operating system to the microSD card?
Parallel with Ghost's question, when you say "plugged it all in and nothing", what do you see? Red LED lit indicating you have power? How are you powering the board?

Assuming you are fine there, with a properly sized power adapter (please confirm), then as Ghost says, next step to look at is your sd card and confirming you have a properly written image.
(09-01-2016, 04:54 PM)Ghost Wrote: I used the suggested win 32 disc imager as prescribed in the wiki
(09-01-2016, 04:42 PM)black screens matter Wrote: I received my pine 64 about two months ago.  I plugged it all in and nothing.  So I went to the live chat and asked for some assistance and all they kept asking was "what operating system are you running?"  I said "Its not running at all." So in frustration, I sent an email off to tech support at pine and also bought a new class 10 sd card and reloaded the Linux operating system on it.  Nothing on both counts.  The system didn't go and I did not hear from tech support. So I sent another request for help to tech support and also sent an message through kickstarter to the pine 64 folks.  Still nothing.  So how do I get some help getting this started?  I tried different monitors.  Tried running it with and without the Ethernet cord plugged in, still nothing.

Hi. What method did you utilise to burn the operating system to the microSD card?

(09-01-2016, 08:02 PM)DonFL Wrote: Parallel with Ghost's question, when you say "plugged it all in and nothing", what do you see? Red LED lit indicating you have power? How are you powering the board?

Assuming you are fine there, with a properly sized power adapter (please confirm), then as Ghost says, next step to look at is your sd card and confirming you have a properly written image.

I used win 32 disc imager as the wiki site suggested.  The Red LED light comes on.  I am using the power supply that came with the kit.  How can I check the image?  It does not show up using a windows machine- I understand that that is normal.
I did plug an Ethernet cable to it to check if that would make a difference and did get link lights but nothing else.  I checked the monitor by plugging a Pii unit into it and it worked for that OS just fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just received Pinephone - system crashes Zebulon Walton 12 13,422 11-13-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Emails from pine64 received as spam by gmail Matan 2 5,657 08-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Leiaz
  Just Received my Order; It Doesn't work?! kikootwo 4 7,735 08-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Mpoint