Remix OS 2.0 Image Release 20160718
(07-27-2016, 02:36 AM)marco9640 Wrote: Hello to all,
someone has issues with Play Store?
I have constantly problems downloading App, also following the recovery procedure proposed by Google works once out of ten.
I noticed that the problem occurs especially if you switch from Ethernet to Wifi and vice versa.
What could it be ???
In addition, you do not see a trace of this in the settings can be set larger characters.

Ciao.

"DANJA"s post in This thread worked beautifully for me. His post is the 2nd post.

Matt
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.
I've installed Image Release 20160718, and I can't add any Google Accounts.
When I try, it errors out saying "can't connect to accounts.google.com".
It's not a network problem, because I can surf the web correctly with Chrome.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
(07-29-2016, 05:58 PM)Bluphire Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 02:36 AM)marco9640 Wrote: Hello to all,
someone has issues with Play Store?
I have constantly problems downloading App, also following the recovery procedure proposed by Google works once out of ten.
I noticed that the problem occurs especially if you switch from Ethernet to Wifi and vice versa.
What could it be ???
In addition, you do not see a trace of this in the settings can be set larger characters.

Ciao.

"DANJA"s post in This thread worked beautifully for me. His post is the 2nd post.

Matt
I solved with full reset of Remix OS, Using the button in the settings, it wiped all my tests and all accounts, etc ...

Now it works all right.  Rolleyes
(07-25-2016, 05:02 AM)marco9640 Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 10:45 AM)Bluphire Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 02:10 PM)clarkss12 Wrote: After first observations, this version goes backward, back into the drawer this board goes.

Ethernet does not work, but that was expected.

No settings to change display fonts, everything to small to read from the couch.  DPI set at 160 and no way to change it to 240.   May be OK to use as a computer with the screen 16 inches from your eyes.

No audio settings, "audio output mode" is blank.  "output raw audio signal", can't be enabled.  My AV receiver has to be turned up to max setting just to hear something.

This update, is a very big step backwards.

Thank you for this short review. Saved me some time. 

Cheers,
Matt

ETA-
LCD/HDMI review?

As reported by another user (can not remember the name but it is a genius !!!) in a post on Android Lollipop, you need to change your Ethernet cable for the internet connection.
Ie the cable must be completely cut brown and white brown cables, cut the blue and blue cables.
In this manner connected the cables 3,6, 7, and 8, that the orange and green pairs.
Both Android and Remix Ethernet now goes to the full !!!   Smile Smile Smile

I hope that Ethernet issue will be fixed in the next release. I don't see the point of using Remix OS otherwise. Another topic is also for me to get a root version. Indeed, I would like to mount smb or nfs shared drives of my NAS. If it is not possible, I will maybe need to wait until to go to Chrome OS (https://www.reddit.com/r/pine64/comments...ne64_soon/)  because it seems possible to do such operation with this OS (http://www.omgchrome.com/access-samba-ch...e-manager/).
The story doesn't say how long I have to wait...
(08-05-2016, 03:15 PM)Nadav955 Wrote: I wonder too if pine and remix read the comments and think the same
That this update is a backwards
And they should make a new update

I cannot speak on Remix behalf. However, I always read the thread and form time to time communicate with Remix folks.
Any word on whether we'll get this as an OTA?
AFAIK, previous versions don't support OTA, so you will not receive this version over the air.
(08-08-2016, 10:49 AM)crisra13 Wrote: Any word on whether we'll get this as an OTA?

We are currently working on the OTA.

... TL
Hey there,

I'm using this Remix image since a few days on my 1GB Board. I know it's not optimized but I just want to use it for Spotify YouTube and Netflix....
I don't know exactly what's the reason but I'm having some trouble when using the YouTube App. My board is connected to the Internet via Ethernet.
The videos lag when I'm watching them in HD (720 or 1080). They sometimes have to buffer. The Internet connection should not be the problem. It's fast enough.
When I'm listening to spotify on extreme settings (highest sound quality setting) I have no problems with buffer.
So I'm wondering if the problem might be the 1GB of RAM or some sort of problem with the Ethernet connection.
I discovered a slow connection when I was downloading some apps. That's why I'm considering that the problem is not (or not the whole part of the problem) caused by the RAM.

Kind Regards 
Raphael
(08-19-2016, 03:55 AM)BlackJack Wrote: Hey there,

I'm using this Remix image since a few days on my 1GB Board. I know it's not optimized but I just want to use it for Spotify YouTube and Netflix....
I don't know exactly what's the reason but I'm having some trouble when using the YouTube App. My board is connected to the Internet via Ethernet.
The videos lag when I'm watching them in HD (720 or 1080). They sometimes have to buffer. The Internet connection should not be the problem. It's fast enough.
When I'm listening to spotify on extreme settings (highest sound quality setting) I have no problems with buffer.
So I'm wondering if the problem might be the 1GB of RAM or some sort of problem with the Ethernet connection.
I discovered a slow connection when I was downloading some apps. That's why I'm considering that the problem is not (or not the whole part of the problem) caused by the RAM.

Kind Regards 
Raphael

Hello BlackJack

if you are not  to use remix desktop and 1GB Ram Board , I suggest you try use android  watching youtube , Spotify , Netflix.

Remix basically is use 2GB Ram.

Here is Pine64 Store , you will know 1GB is run android 

https://www.pine64.org/?post_type=product

[Image: image.png]

and this wiki 

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Main_Pa...e_20160718

[Image: image.png]
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sourround sound - Remix MrSarkasmus 0 2,789 10-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: MrSarkasmus
  Remix os os 64bits ?? Matroxplay 1 4,201 07-14-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Remix OS NMancuso 111 161,853 08-01-2017, 03:51 AM
Last Post: wappi
Question Nginx proxy on Remix OS -- possible? mitchmitchell 1 4,662 05-29-2017, 02:45 AM
Question Remix OS 2.0 [20170105] Waaaa??? veronicasmithen03 1 4,612 05-29-2017, 02:42 AM
  REMix OS Boots and then blank Screen Michaelrowe01 6 19,210 04-17-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Stuck at Remix OS logo leongzhi 9 24,353 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Michaelrowe01
Exclamation LCD TOUCH SCREEN PANEL support in Remix? mcfly777 4 8,794 12-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  Guest Account in Remix OS cannot Get Internet Connection deniyulianti 1 4,229 10-15-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Build 20160718, can't boot from PhoenixCard image EricL 0 3,001 09-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Last Post: EricL