Dissatisfaction
Generally dissatisfied with EVERYTHING about Pine64.  Hardware (bowed "warp" on both 2GB Pine64 boards), software and this forum.

Nothing works...   

No Bluetooth working in Linux or Android (i.e. with the "stock" Pine supplied Wifi/BT module-cum-hat).

Only ONE single build of any Operating System for the "stock" LCD Touchpanel (and no root) that Pine sells - and that is Android (which I really have no use for).

Has anyone here read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"...   This forum doesn't fit either model, in fact I'd use the example "The Cathedral, the Bazaar and the Refugee Camp Run-by-some-inept-organization"...

The "documentation" is a hideous tangled chaotic nightmare...

C'mon people - I had no idea that kickstarter pledge rewards were for Alpha testing of pre-beta hardware and Alpha software!

I might just start swearing again till I'm banned - I get no help in here anyway...
(05-31-2016, 11:59 PM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Generally dissatisfied with EVERYTHING about Pine64.  Hardware (bowed "warp" on both 2GB Pine64 boards), software and this forum.

Nothing works...   

No Bluetooth working in Linux or Android (i.e. with the "stock" Pine supplied Wifi/BT module-cum-hat).

Only ONE single build of any Operating System for the "stock" LCD Touchpanel (and no root) that Pine sells - and that is Android (which I really have no use for).

Has anyone here read "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"...   This forum doesn't fit either model, in fact I'd use the example "The Cathedral, the Bazaar and the Refugee Camp Run-by-some-inept-organization"...

C'mon people - I had no idea that kickstarter pledge rewards were for Alpha testing of pre-beta hardware and Alpha software!

I might just start swearing again till I'm banned - I get no help in here anyway...

I don't tend to remember who posted what and when, but in general, whilst appealing to those that can help, I would suggest clearly describing your desire, what you've tried, and specific problems you've encountered (in order of importance).

Whinging is a great way to distance yourself from a techie.

On here you are not talking to the Pine64 org, you are talking to a community of enthusiastic volunteers who can help. Know your audience.
(06-01-2016, 09:40 AM)benpope81 Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 11:59 PM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Generally dissatisfied with EVERYTHING about Pine64.  Hardware (bowed "warp" on both 2GB Pine64 boards), software and this forum.

Nothing works...   

I don't tend to remember who posted what and when, but in general, whilst appealing to those that can help, I would suggest clearly describing your desire, what you've tried, and specific problems you've encountered (in order of importance).

Whinging is a great way to distance yourself from a techie.

On here you are not talking to the Pine64 org, you are talking to a community of enthusiastic volunteers who can help. Know your audience.
If I sound whiny, it's because my expectations have been built up, and it seems my expectations were too high.

This is what I want :

Linux support for the "stock" LCD Touchpanel
Linux and/or android support for the "stock" Wifi/BT module (i.e. working bluetooth)

Other things?  A "dd" image of the Android Lollipop build for LCD Touchpanel
An Android Lollipop build for the LCD Touchpanel with root.

Linux support for the Bluetooth module in the "stock" Pine supplied Wifi/BT module...

There's just so much that's half-arsed - I'd no idea I was an alpha tester of a pre-beta product...

If Pine64 is a "Super Computer" - then this REALLY is Superman :
[Image: fat+superman+04.jpg]
Make pull requests with a well tested success for the stuff not working with my kernel. I do not care about Bluetooth, LCD whatever and thus its not supported/functional. Stop ranting and either join the community and get the stuff going you need or wait till somebody else does.
(06-01-2016, 11:28 PM)longsleep Wrote: Make pull requests with a well tested success for the stuff not working with my kernel. I do not care about Bluetooth, LCD whatever and thus its not supported/functional. Stop ranting and either join the community and get the stuff going you need or wait till somebody else does.

YOU shouldn't be supporting it.. PINE64 should have had these builds ready BEFORE shipping!!! So telling me to have stuff working that I have NO IDEA how to do is absolute bull...

They are selling products that they haven't configured properly for what they claim they support during the campaign... DON'T put this on any user... This is 100% on the Pine "Team" and I use the term as loosely as possible as TL Lim is the only one that seems to be alive at Pine...
(06-02-2016, 11:01 AM)nagmier Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 11:28 PM)longsleep Wrote: Make pull requests with a well tested success for the stuff not working with my kernel. I do not care about Bluetooth, LCD whatever and thus its not supported/functional. Stop ranting and either join the community and get the stuff going you need or wait till somebody else does.

YOU shouldn't be supporting it.. PINE64 should have had these builds ready BEFORE shipping!!! So telling me to have stuff working that I have NO IDEA how to do is absolute bull...

They are selling products that they haven't configured properly for what they claim they support during the campaign... DON'T put this on any user... This is 100% on the Pine "Team" and I use the term as loosely as possible as TL Lim is the only one that seems to be alive at Pine...

So let me get this straight...  you are suggesting that if one of the OSes is delayed due to difficulties implementing a single function, the team should have delayed shipping the boards?  I wonder how well that would go over?
(06-02-2016, 02:39 PM)JCMPine64 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 11:01 AM)nagmier Wrote:

So let me get this straight...  you are suggesting that if one of the OSes is delayed due to difficulties implementing a single function, the team should have delayed shipping the boards?  I wonder how well that would go over?

First off, when was the last official release that didn't depend on longsleep? last I checked he isn't on Pine Payroll... and if he were the I don't use it so fix it yourself attitude wouldn't be acceptable, being that he isn't Its perfectly fine as I said none of this is HIS responsibility... these were items I wouldn't have ordered had I known they wouldn't work with other OSs, I have a Wifi/BT and an LCD Touchpanel... the 1... count 1 image I can use hasn't been updated as recently as the others and has broken BT in it... so I therefore have to chose BT or touchscreen... kinda defeats the point of a tablet if I can't connect to it via BT IMO as I use a BT Keyboard a lot... so the items sold to me via backerkit ( WiFi/BT and Touchscreen were added via backerkit ) are not compatible as it stands and according to what I've seen unless I decide to learn Linux Kernel building and developing I'm SOL as again we see no communication from the so call Pine team... Sorry forum mods and guys in the community I applaud your efforts but there is some fundamental lack of support from Pine what have they been doing since the project was funded? I mean the engineering teams? there has been very little communication from that side of the house since KS closed... These are potentially fatal flaws!
(06-02-2016, 04:39 PM)nagmier Wrote: First off, when was the last official release that didn't depend on longsleep? last I checked he isn't on Pine Payroll... and if he were the I don't use it so fix it yourself attitude wouldn't be acceptable, being that he isn't Its perfectly fine as I said none of this is HIS responsibility... these were items I wouldn't have ordered had I known they wouldn't work with other OSs, I have a Wifi/BT and an LCD Touchpanel... the 1... count 1 image I can use hasn't been updated as recently as the others and has broken BT in it... so I therefore have to chose BT or touchscreen... kinda defeats the point of a tablet if I can't connect to it via BT IMO as I use a BT Keyboard a lot... so the items sold to me via backerkit ( WiFi/BT and Touchscreen were added via backerkit ) are not compatible as it stands and according to what I've seen unless I decide to learn Linux Kernel building and developing I'm SOL as again we see no communication from the so call Pine team... Sorry forum mods and guys in the community I applaud your efforts but there is some fundamental lack of support from Pine what have they been doing since the project was funded? I mean the engineering teams? there has been very little communication from that side of the house since KS closed... These are potentially fatal flaws!

What have they been doing?  <sarcasm>That's a stumper, for sure.</sarcasm>

Lighten up Francis.  Your hyperbole doesn't advance your cause. Unless you just want to whine and troll, then I suppose you're doing well. Everything will work, just maybe not this week.  And if it doesn't, that's what can happen with a Kickstarter project.
(06-02-2016, 06:33 PM)JCMPine64 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 04:39 PM)nagmier Wrote: First off, when was the last official release that didn't depend on longsleep? last I checked he isn't on Pine Payroll... and if he were the I don't use it so fix it yourself attitude wouldn't be acceptable, being that he isn't Its perfectly fine as I said none of this is HIS responsibility... these were items I wouldn't have ordered had I known they wouldn't work with other OSs, I have a Wifi/BT and an LCD Touchpanel... the 1... count 1 image I can use hasn't been updated as recently as the others and has broken BT in it... so I therefore have to chose BT or touchscreen... kinda defeats the point of a tablet if I can't connect to it via BT IMO as I use a BT Keyboard a lot... so the items sold to me via backerkit ( WiFi/BT and Touchscreen were added via backerkit ) are not compatible as it stands and according to what I've seen unless I decide to learn Linux Kernel building and developing I'm SOL as again we see no communication from the so call Pine team... Sorry forum mods and guys in the community I applaud your efforts but there is some fundamental lack of support from Pine what have they been doing since the project was funded? I mean the engineering teams? there has been very little communication from that side of the house since KS closed... These are potentially fatal flaws!

What have they been doing?  <sarcasm>That's a stumper, for sure.</sarcasm>

Lighten up Francis.  Your hyperbole doesn't advance your cause. Unless you just want to whine and troll, then I suppose you're doing well.  Everything will work, just maybe not this week.  And if it doesn't, that's what can happen with a Kickstarter project.

sure nagmier is a bit "loud" but I agree with him

It's quite ridiculous to have to dig around on this forum in order to find out that there is no video acceleration for the Pine. And no official statement of why or proper ETA from the Pine team
I actually quite like my pine, and I have the LCD screen as well. I also never received my wifi/bt module in my package which sucks...a lot. I am super patient so really don't mind too much that is isn't working as it is meant to right now BUT, other than his poor tone, I do actually agree with UnixOutlaw's sentiment. A kickstarter project is a risk of course, but the software side of this has been very poor, and the delivery side is even worse. This was sold on the kickstarter campaign as a board that could run android, linux with all these nifty extras and it had videos to prove it. This is clearly not the case.

As I said at the start, personally I'm not that fussed, more disappointed, but I can see why others ARE annoyed. I will say there have been a few awesome helpers on this board, but none are part of the Pine team just other users.

My 2cents.