Getting Newer Version of Nheko
I wanted to use Nheko as my Matrix client on Mobian but the version that is in the repo is too old due to needing bug fixes that newer versions have. I see that Nheko has a Flatpack version, has anybody had any success installing that on the Pinephone ? I tried running the command:

Code:
flatpak install flathub io.github.NhekoReborn.Nheko

and got the message "error: No remote refs found similar to 'flathub'"
PinePhone BraveHeart Edition

Pinephone Convergence

PineTab

RockPro64
Out of all the Matrix clients I tried, only Mirage actually worked (although super laggy).
And Weechat of course without lag, but that's an IRC client that happens to have a Matrix plugin.

I tried to install Nheko before, but I couldn't run it I think.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
So I got it working. What I had to do beforte entering the command I did above was enter

"flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo"

(10-27-2021, 03:30 AM)ryo Wrote: Out of all the Matrix clients I tried, only Mirage actually worked (although super laggy).
And Weechat of course without lag, but that's an IRC client that happens to have a Matrix plugin.

I tried to install Nheko before, but I couldn't run it I think.

Nheko is one of the few Matrix clients to support E2E which is why I wanted to use it. It is also the only one I have tried where E2E is able to be setup from a simple toggle from the menu and also the only client I have seen where you can adjust scaling from the options menu.
PinePhone BraveHeart Edition

Pinephone Convergence

PineTab

RockPro64

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  apt trying to install a package version not in the repo chainingsolid 1 411 11-12-2023, 03:54 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Nheko - Missing GStreamer plugins videoconvert freelectro 4 1,609 03-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't Get Nheko To Work [never mind, it's a bug] el.pollo.diablo 0 755 08-02-2022, 02:11 AM
Last Post: el.pollo.diablo
  [Solved] How to get a kernel newer than 5.10 on Mobian ? gab 0 1,339 08-26-2021, 04:08 PM
Last Post: gab
  Download Latest Version through wget/curl pizzalovingnerd 1 3,087 06-20-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: rico