Using new hub for Mobian "Bookworm"
I bought the convergence package and have the PinePhone hub with ethernet. After my distribution upgrade to the "Bookworm" edition of Mobian, the PinePhone hub stopped working. It does work 100% satisfactorily with my Android Pixel 3 with Graphene OS and I'm okay with that.

I attached my eBay "UOEOS" USB-C ethernet dongle to my Anker 1H2C2A1S1M 7-in-1 USB-C hub then connected the Anker hub to my PinePhone and I get ethernet, keyboard, mouse, and HDMI video. The monitor is an Asus HDMI equipped unit.

I also have an Asus USB-C Zenscreen monitor (not a touch screen version) that works great with my Ubuntu NUC computer. I can attach this Zenscreen directly to the PinePhone USB-C port and it works fine. I'm still using wired keyboard and mouse and the Anker hub does not seem to support the USB-C Zenscreen. I'm trying to move everything over to USB-C. I saw that Anker does have a hub with ethernet, but I don't know if it will be compatible. I'm sending an email off to them about this.

Is there an Anker hub or other brand that would give me the USB-C monitor, wired USB keyboard, mouse, and ethernet?

Thanks.
Have you tried with a recent Nightly release. ? (flashed to sd)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-03-2021, 08:10 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Have you tried with a recent Nightly release. ?  (flashed to sd)

I originally installed Mobian a few months back using an SDCard with JumpDrive. I recently followed instructions from a link here on the site and changed the repository names to Bookworm and did the dist-upgrade to Bookworm. I have never done the "Nightly" release, but update regularly at least once a day. I'm not operating from the SDCard, but from the internal memory.
Not certain of any explanation, but from my own testing of 2 identical PMOS Convergent phones side by side.

One with an older release, but every update on it, compared to a fresh nightly release, ... There were differences.
( In that one particular test with both phones disconnected from the charger, the fresh flashed release was using much less power.)

Now, my daily driver has froze twice today, the second time it froze, it lost just a few of my recently sent texts, but the replies were still on my phone ?
... While a test phone with a fresh October 04 nightly release has been running about 16 hours straight without any freezes yet.+
. (the daily driver has all the 'updates' on it...)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-04-2021, 09:45 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Not certain of any explanation,  but from my own testing of 2 identical PMOS Convergent phones side by side.

One with an older release, but every update on it,  compared to a fresh nightly release,  ...  There were differences.
( In that one particular test with both phones disconnected from the charger, the fresh flashed release was using much less power.)

Now,  my daily driver has froze twice today, the second time it froze,  it lost just a few of my recently sent texts, but the replies were still on my phone ?
...  While a test phone with a fresh October 04 nightly release has been running about 16 hours straight without any freezes yet.+
.  (the daily driver has all the 'updates' on it...)

So far, I haven't had any issues with the PinePhone except for the Pine convergence dongle. There have been no freezes. The Bookworm version of Mobian seems stable on mine. If I find a USB-C hub that works with USB-C monitors, I will post back here. Thanks for the reply!
I was seriously considering re-flashing my daily driver phone, however the newest updates seem to have cured the freezing problem,

and some other improvements, such as it waking with a touch of the power button is working correctly again, waking up almost instantly for incoming calls....

Curiously my test phone that is running the newest ''nightly release'', it did two separate updates today, first time I have seen two updates within hours of each other..?

<( NO new nightly releases two days in a row ? )>
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-05-2021, 10:48 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I was seriously considering re-flashing my daily driver phone,  however the newest updates seem to have cured the freezing problem,

and  some other improvements, such as it waking with a touch of the power button is working correctly again, waking up almost instantly for incoming calls....

Curiously my test phone that is running the newest ''nightly release'',  it did two separate updates today, first time I have seen two updates within hours of each other..?

<( NO new nightly releases two days in a row ? )>

The past two days there have been updates to my Mobian Bookworm. I read that  there would be work done mainly to improve existing processes.
After several updates to Mobian Bookworm, my Pine convergence hub is working again. It is keeping the phone charged better than the little Anker was doing. I still use the Anker and am happy I can use the Pine hub for my PinePhone again. I read an article about USB Type C hubs connecting to USB Type C monitors like the Asus Zenscreen. There are some available for Windows and Mac, but I have not read about or seen any for Linux yet. My Ubuntu Intel NUC attaches directly to the Zenscreen, though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,512 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 70 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,710 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,686 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 580 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,798 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 577 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM