Suggested OS?
As I haven't worked too much with different OS's ... I guess I am looking for suggestions.
I have used Ubuntu for some time, both server/LAMP and desktop setups. All have been on x386 systems, however.  
I would like to use the PBP for a daily driver.  My uses are pretty light:
Firefox, Chromium, Libre Office, and likely an email client will do most of what I need.
The remainder is an image editor, which most paint programs and GIMP will be just fine.
So far, two items on my 'wanna-gotta have'' list are:

Working One from Wacom tablet
  I added drivers and apps from hits I found for the default OS, but so far, no go.
  It worked out of the box on Mangaro!

A decent remote desktop, where the host app can be easily installed by someone at the 'far' end, behind a firewall.  So ... VNC type apps would be difficult, as well as any that require port forwarding, etc, on their firewall (my Mom, sister, and grandkids!)
I have used AnyDesk and TeamViewer, traditionally, on my Win10 box. But I haven't been able to get either to work yet on the default OS (Debian/MATE) , or Manjaro (I have booting from SD.

I tried  OS on the SD card, and wasn't impressed, and think it would be too restrictive, anyway.

So, so far, I have just used the default OS, which I thought I was going to stick with, until the above 2 issues ... an RDP app, and getting the tablet to work ...... and Manjaro.

Any suggestions on OS/app combinations?  So far, Manjaro is slightly 'ahead', as the table works on it.  :-)

Thanks
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro

Messages In This Thread
Suggested OS? - by dhosh - 01-28-2020, 07:23 PM
RE: Suggested OS? - by PakoSt - 01-28-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Suggested OS? - by dhosh - 01-28-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: Suggested OS? - by mainer - 01-28-2020, 09:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggested software for use case ehcorn 4 2,050 08-17-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: TRS-80