In-Circuit Programming of SPI NOR Flash
Thumbs Up 
I was looking for exactly this info - huge thanks for sharing!

The description looks quite similar to flashing the SPI flash in other notebooks in order to install coreboot there, so it sounds quite familiar. I was just surprised that the Pomona 5250 is supposed to fit here as I was expecting soldering to be necessary.

The only thing I did not fully understand yet: You say that supplying 3.3V from an external source is necessary because the RPI does not supply enough power to power the PBP. However, I do not understand why the PBP is powered at all during flashing? Can't this be done with the PBP being off all the time? For the SPIs I flashed on various Lenovo mainboards this was not necessary, i.e. I supplied 3.3V from the RPI and everything was fine.

Last but not least: I am pretty sure flashing can be done using a rock64 or a64 as well. If I find the time to test this I will share my experience with that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In-Circuit Programming of SPI NOR Flash ROM - by kuleszdl - 01-02-2020, 11:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extracting a copy of SPI NOR flash contents using micro SD card and u-boot hmuller 0 2,734 09-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Last Post: hmuller
  Program SPI NOR Flash on Pinebook Pro with u-boot on micro SD Card hmuller 0 3,455 09-21-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: hmuller
Exclamation Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky) clover 51 53,351 06-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Widevine-flash on Chromium-SD Card mamboman777 3 6,469 01-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Last Post: tophneal