Is there a priority list for features/ bugs, that have to be implemented/ fixed?
(05-15-2021, 06:59 PM)stamat Wrote: 8. But with high priority: If Pinephone does not charge, the display quickly flickers few times and then sleeps/ locks, and after unlock it flickers and then locks again - in order to can use the device the charger must be pluged in!
---
The observations continue:
Although, the phone can not be used at all if it is not charging (the USB-C is not plugged in the phone to charge it), because when the phone is on the charged battery the display flickers, stays dark and locks, and after unlock - the process is repeated endlessly, I unplugged the charger and turned off the phone for a night, tomorrow I turned on the phone and after a block and restart, the process repeated few times, BUT after that the phone is responsible and usable!
The first that take place in my mind is that the word is for some electromagnetic discharge during the night accumulated during the charging.

(05-14-2021, 08:32 AM)wizardofthemodem Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:00 AM)stamat Wrote:
Hi, guys,
I've just received my Pinephone and found that:
1. it is not recognizing Sim card contacts (exported to Sim from a FirefoxOS phone and recognized by an Android 8.1.0 tablet - already read about few problems relating to that in this forum;
2. display properties set to Sleep = 10min and Turn off = 15min, cause the phone display to sleep on every second, and it was hard to set it to = Never and = Never, to can do any work with the device... With Never-Never the phone display is alway ON;
3. not succeeding to transfer a file from the FirefoxOS phone to Pinephone via Bluetooth but to the Android 8.1.0 tablet it is OK. The file, that I tried to transfer is the .vcf file with the Sim card contacts;
4. Now, an Update (324) is available, and I am trying to update for second time, because I am not sure what happens the first time...
5. Some apps found on the Pinephone device, which are there, but do not do any work, actually do not work.
That's for the moment.
Best Regards

I have a few that bother me.

spacebar the text messaging app requires the country code saved in the address book or your text messages won't get labeled correctly. You will send to one address without a country code. They will get it but when they reply it will be in another thread. Should be easy enough to fix, I have not gotten it to compile though.

keyboard input doesn't really work on progressive webapps. websites you save to the homescreen. So you cant use it interactively.

Plenty of other bugs with phone + addressbook+ messenger. Really needs these basic things to work. I can ditch my android if I can make calls and text.

Battery status is a shit show. It's jumps all over the place.

-> What I found as a kind of workaround here is to import already exported contacts as .vcf file in Phonebook app, to search in it, tap on the find and OFTEN the contact is called, BUT missing calls are not logged/ registered!
I found and other workarounds, which on their side, are suggesting how the problems could be fixed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a priority list for features/ bugs, that have to be implemented/ fixed? - by stamat - 05-17-2021, 01:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem white list aular 7 964 02-13-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: aular
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,550 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  List of Pinephone browsers Gamey 17 18,068 05-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: allworlds
  list of linux native apps/softwares for pinephone on the wiki alexandre 7 7,388 10-26-2021, 11:56 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Vcard contact list? czgunner 3 4,247 03-12-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: czgunner
  Something that really bugs me in Phosh... mattpenn 1 2,209 02-08-2021, 08:38 PM
Last Post: The3DmaN
  pinephone not on list of non-verizon kbdeamon 5 8,349 08-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: plainenough
  Next Pinephone Wish List and BraveHeart Feedback Starlord 0 2,073 02-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Starlord