Is there a priority list for features/ bugs, that have to be implemented/ fixed?
Hi, guys,
I've just received my Pinephone and found that:
1. it is not recognizing Sim card contacts (exported to Sim from a FirefoxOS phone and recognized by an Android 8.1.0 tablet - already read about few problems relating to that in this forum;
2. display properties set to Sleep = 10min and Turn off = 15min, cause the phone display to sleep on every second, and it was hard to set it to = Never and = Never, to can do any work with the device... With Never-Never the phone display is alway ON;
3. not succeeding to transfer a file from the FirefoxOS phone to Pinephone via Bluetooth but to the Android 8.1.0 tablet it is OK. The file, that I tried to transfer is the .vcf file with the Sim card contacts;
4. Now, an Update (324) is available, and I am trying to update for second time, because I am not sure what happens the first time...
5. Some apps found on the Pinephone device, which are there, but do not do any work, actually do not work.
That's for the moment.
Best Regards
(05-14-2021, 08:00 AM)stamat Wrote:
Hi, guys,
I've just received my Pinephone and found that:
1. it is not recognizing Sim card contacts (exported to Sim from a FirefoxOS phone and recognized by an Android 8.1.0 tablet - already read about few problems relating to that in this forum;
2. display properties set to Sleep = 10min and Turn off = 15min, cause the phone display to sleep on every second, and it was hard to set it to = Never and = Never, to can do any work with the device... With Never-Never the phone display is alway ON;
3. not succeeding to transfer a file from the FirefoxOS phone to Pinephone via Bluetooth but to the Android 8.1.0 tablet it is OK. The file, that I tried to transfer is the .vcf file with the Sim card contacts;
4. Now, an Update (324) is available, and I am trying to update for second time, because I am not sure what happens the first time...
5. Some apps found on the Pinephone device, which are there, but do not do any work, actually do not work.
That's for the moment.
Best Regards

I have a few that bother me.

spacebar the text messaging app requires the country code saved in the address book or your text messages won't get labeled correctly. You will send to one address without a country code. They will get it but when they reply it will be in another thread. Should be easy enough to fix, I have not gotten it to compile though.

keyboard input doesn't really work on progressive webapps. websites you save to the homescreen. So you cant use it interactively.

Plenty of other bugs with phone + addressbook+ messenger. Really needs these basic things to work. I can ditch my android if I can make calls and text.

Battery status is a shit show. It's jumps all over the place.
I'm running Ubuntu Touch from an SD and If I want to unlock the phone with the power button half of the time ( if not more ) I get a slightly lit black screen and I have to shut off the phone and reboot. Booting Manjaro from the EMMC doesn't work anymore after the first attempt to update (324 too) as I explained in this thread .

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...7#pid94577
I saw that there are images with FreeBSD too, is there some experience with them?
For maximum O.O.T.B. functionality use a Phosh build Smile .
Kde Plasma will be awesome some day but atm I can't even edit and save a file in nano. It's just for checking out at this stage, like a mock up of an OS.
Why pine decided to preload the least functional OS is a mystery to me. I've watched videos where people are trying make Kde work because it shipped on the phone and they think it's the best option.  smh.
6. Another problem that I am observing is that on first charge the battery level can not reach 100%, but stay on 87-88% and often I am hearing some notification signals without notification like the charging is turning off and on!
7. But with priority like 1. Actually, no missed calls registrations, and can not call a in/ out number from Call History - have to dial the number by hand!!

It's amazing!... The Update 324 was around 1GB, but we still do not have basic phone functionality!!
This is fixed in Plasma Mobile Gear 21.05 update:
https://www.plasma-mobile.org/info/plasm...ear-21-05/
Update to the latest software or flash the latest build.

(05-15-2021, 12:22 AM)stamat Wrote: 6. Another problem that I am observing is that on first charge the battery level can not reach 100%, but stay on 87-88%

This is not a bug but intended feature Wink
(05-15-2021, 03:55 AM)acrux Wrote:
This is fixed in Plasma Mobile Gear 21.05 update:
https://www.plasma-mobile.org/info/plasm...ear-21-05/
Update to the latest software or flash the latest build.

->The Update 324 does include those changes? If yes, now the problem is that with Never-Never the device goes to sleep at some time and it is not "Never" Smile

(05-15-2021, 12:22 AM)stamat Wrote: 6. Another problem that I am observing is that on first charge the battery level can not reach 100%, but stay on 87-88%

This is not a bug but intended feature Wink

->What do you mean Smile Some kind of battery "conservation mode"?
8. But with high priority: If Pinephone does not charge, the display quickly flickers few times and then sleeps/ locks, and after unlock it flickers and then locks again - in order to can use the device the charger must be pluged in!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem white list aular 7 648 02-13-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: aular
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,481 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  List of Pinephone browsers Gamey 17 17,508 05-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: allworlds
  list of linux native apps/softwares for pinephone on the wiki alexandre 7 7,166 10-26-2021, 11:56 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Vcard contact list? czgunner 3 4,087 03-12-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: czgunner
  Something that really bugs me in Phosh... mattpenn 1 2,121 02-08-2021, 08:38 PM
Last Post: The3DmaN
  pinephone not on list of non-verizon kbdeamon 5 8,183 08-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Last Post: plainenough
  Next Pinephone Wish List and BraveHeart Feedback Starlord 0 2,019 02-22-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Starlord