Are PinePhones Becoming More Usable On Each Release . . .
(10-15-2020, 07:09 AM)jed Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 12:45 PM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: I had the PMOS edition briefly and Mobian seemed to be the better of OS's. So, I'm hoping more little glitches or whatnot are ironed out with Manjaro edition. Do you notice the battery changes with each OS ? Or just lower than average battery life ?

I'm using Mobian as it has the best featureset.

Frankly, battery life and monitoring are so poor that I can't meaningfully distinguish which operating system is 'better' in this regard. Consequently, any OS which implements CRUST (such as Mobian) is best, as you can at least achieve good standby time.

If you don't need the modem (e.g., if you have no reception at your home or workplace) then flip the killswitch for superior battery life.
How long is battery life now ? Say, all day with 3-5 45min phone calls and an average of 10-20 txt ( send and received ). Are your calls clear with Mobian now ? I was always told, "I can hear you, but it sounds muffled".

(10-15-2020, 09:33 AM)Zebulon Walton Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 10:20 AM)NobodyNew1 Wrote: Thanks, I just read through every line of the 7 pages written, threw in my 2 cents of support, and still proceed an order from the Manjaro edition. I don't support or believe in much, but Linux and a Linux phone, I believe in.

Pretty much the same here. I know that the Pinephone right now is not going to work with my carrier, but I'm hopeful that will change over the next year. Worst-case scenario is that I'll have a pocket Linux computer which is a handy item even without the phone functionality. So I have the Convergence Package model on order.
I'm being optimistic, that this phone will work one day, either on its own or with people chiming in with the tweeks they've made to have it working as close to a functional phone as possible. It's bittersweet, bc I want the phone to just work and work NOW ( I feel like a spoiled American with that demanding sentence,  I am American so I'm sure I have some spoiledness in me ) but I also like the fact that it doesn't, even though its frustrating. I'm reading these forums, commenting and meeting new people, people on my lvl and people WAY smarter than me, and by doing all of this, this is making me smarter and I'm starting to understand a technology that I wouldn't be learning about if the pinephone wasn't where it is now or even released. So, I have my spoiled whining moments, but I'm happy where the phone is bc it's giving me so much more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are PinePhones Becoming More Usable On Each Release . . . - by NobodyNew1 - 10-15-2020, 02:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhones on assembly line Luke 23 46,713 09-11-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sagaracharya
  Android apps on Pinephones Raniyah 1 4,335 11-23-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  any plans to release motherboard for 1.2A blackfire 8 10,044 11-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
Question PMOS EU-only PinePhones on the store? marcih 6 7,172 10-24-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: marcih
  Reselling Pinephones on ebay to make money out of it? Peter Gamma 50 47,642 10-08-2020, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Release: PinePhone model file (Blender) fxc 0 2,010 07-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Last Post: fxc