PMOS EU-only PinePhones on the store?
Question 
I've pre-ordered the Manjaro CE, seeing as there was no option to buy the PMOS CE when I found out about the PP (or rather when I remembered it existed and looked into it properly Big Grin). Ever since then I've been diligently checking the PINE64 RSS feed, forums and even the store page for any updates on the next batch. To my surprise, I've discovered today that the standard, non-convergence PMOS CE is back on the store page, labeled as EU-only.

I'm considering snagging one up so I wonder, is this unsold stock? If so, why is it in the Polish warehouse and not still in China? Why did it show up only now? Or are they devices returned by the customers? Could we get some clarification by PINE64 on the origin of these phones and the reason why they showed up only now with no announcement or explanation on what they are? Also, if I were to purchase this one, I wouldn't be interested in the Manjaro CE one I pre-ordered anymore (as long as they're the same board revision, which is what I understood from the forums and wiki), how can I request a refund, if at all? Any info on this would be appreciated.
Oh and thanks for reading my first post! Big Grin
I believe the hardware is identical,  however the $10. contribution will go to Post Market rather than Manjaro.
You will most likely install a different or at least newer version of the Operating system, so that is or should not be a big factor..?
It does look like you could possibly receive the PMOS phone 2 to 4 weeks sooner though ?
But you do raise great questions.

The last time they closed PMOS sales,    they did re-open them again and offer the $149.99 model only in the store.
I ordered one of those...   
   Then two weeks later, they sent me an email stating they were out of the $149 model,   but had some $200 models.
>     "Did I want a refund,   or a upgrade for another $50..."  ..
I chose the upgrade and paid the extra $50...  then received the phone just weeks later.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Looks like people curious about the PMOS PinePhone only for EU posting. When shipping team ship first batch PMOS PinePhone to Poland warehouse, we decided to ship slightly more units instead of exact dispatch figure. This allows when some situation, whatever the reason such as shipment loss, damage, and etc, happens, there are still some units in the Poland warehouse that able to handles the situation. Since the PMOS to EU dispatch already settle, now is just the time to sales off the reminding reserve, about 30+ units, left in Poland warehouse.
(10-20-2020, 10:15 PM)tllim Wrote: Looks like people curious about the PMOS PinePhone only for EU posting. When shipping team ship first batch PMOS PinePhone to Poland warehouse, we decided to ship slightly more units instead of exact dispatch figure. This allows when some situation, whatever the reason such as shipment loss, damage, and etc, happens, there are still some units in the Poland warehouse that able to handles the situation. Since the PMOS to EU dispatch already settle, now is just the time to sales off the reminding reserve, about 30+ units, left in Poland warehouse.

Thanks for the clarification tllim, I figured something like that would be the case but I was under the impression that the amount of devices manufactured was exactly equal to the amount of pre-orders. I'll try getting in touch with the sales team and see if my order can be changed to the PMOS phone and the difference refunded (I currently have the Convergence edition on pre-order), similar to what bcnaz experienced.
So I wrote to sales@pine64.org and submitted a ticket to support.pine64.org, from where I was promptly redirected back to the sales team, and no answer even after almost 3 full days; looks like I'll just have to wait for my Manjaro pre-order then after all. I've gotta say I'm disappointed with the lack of communication, especially considering the fact that PINE64 already has my money... I mean, does anyone even read the emails? I can understand they may be busy with preparing the next batch on top of also having other products but a simple "we've seen your email and will get back to you as soon as we can" wouldn't go amiss.
I am Sorry to hear they have not responded to your emails...

But, Maybe a silver lining though, you may be happier with the Convergent version phone and dock .. ? ( Hopefully ? )

And it is not likely you would keep ether of the factory installed distro's.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-23-2020, 11:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I am Sorry to hear they have not responded to your emails...

But,  Maybe a silver lining though,  you may be happier with the Convergent version phone and dock .. ?  ( Hopefully ? )

And it is not likely you would keep ether of the factory installed distro's.
Yeah, it's not a big deal, I still have my Manjaro Convergence phone on pre-order and honestly, I'm excited to try using the PinePhone as a desktop replacement. I've used a RPi 3 as my main computer when I had to RMA my motherboard and I have a single-core Pentium M (Dothan core, so the P3 based one, not the awful earlier P4 ones) with 1 Gig of RAM laptop that I occasionally use so I've definitely been able to work with less and I'm able to adjust my expectations for weak hardware.

Still, no response at all from the sales team when it comes to something regarding my order is a bit concerning. Hopefully it's not a sign of bad things to come...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PmOS Phosh: set compose and change layout stozi 3 2,486 09-24-2021, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhones on assembly line Luke 23 46,215 09-11-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sagaracharya
  Android apps on Pinephones Raniyah 1 4,281 11-23-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  [SOLD] PinePhone pmOS CE for sale bda65 1 2,213 11-08-2020, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Xray2000
  Are PinePhones Becoming More Usable On Each Release . . . NobodyNew1 42 48,394 11-05-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: aritual
  Reselling Pinephones on ebay to make money out of it? Peter Gamma 50 46,656 10-08-2020, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Phone calls on New PMOS Community Edition phones bcnaz 3 4,951 09-15-2020, 03:32 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Estimated shipping for PMOS Convergence phones bcnaz 10 11,383 08-23-2020, 04:56 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Pinephone - Pine store parts bcnaz 4 5,002 04-20-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: ---
Star Howto: Mobile data on pmOS + Phosh with APN requiring user/pass pajux 3 11,420 02-29-2020, 12:02 AM
Last Post: pajux