PinePhone quickly crashes unless plugged to power
#7
I made progress: so this has nothing to do with being plugged to power!
The phone crashes when going into suspend (or maybe when leaving suspend I am not sure). On Posh (Mobian) suspend happens after 5 minutes if unplugged from power, and never if plugged (behavior changeable in Posh's power settings).
So a very fast way to reproduce is:
- run the command: systemctl suspend
- the screen turns black, the led stops blinking (if it was)
- try a short press on the power button: the phone boots. Sometimes 2 presses are needed

reproduced on:
- Mobian bullseye with kernel 5.10
- Mobian bookworm with kernel 5.13

I will try other OSes soon.

Maybe related to https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9832 because user Boern says "[...] Only problem with 624 I had was that it wouldn't wake up from standby.  [...]"
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinephone quickly crashes unless plugged to power - by gab - 08-26-2021, 04:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,110 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,772 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,326 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,123 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,728 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  Power up a 2nd core? WhiteHexagon 1 1,595 01-03-2026, 02:24 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,665 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,225 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,880 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,271 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)