Considering the Pinephone
#3
(07-15-2021, 09:04 PM)Xa3phod Wrote: Just wondering. On the Pinephone, would you just use web based sites instead of apps? So things like facebook, youtube, etc, you would just use their web sites?
Can you get Whatsapp, messenger, and Duo? Would you just use the web based versions? 

Lastly, is this thing powerful enough to run a VM in it? I'm a big fan of Microsoft's Your phone program. Also is there SMS texting on the Pinephone?

Thanks for the annoying questions.


Yes I use the web for discord and Youtube.

There's a libpurple plugin for SMS and most OSes include some kind of libpurple UI (like chatty or finch or pidgen) but I've found it's pretty unreliable. I prefer to use an XMPP client and relay via jmp.chat for SMS/MMS.

Qemu runs, I haven't tried using KVM.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
Considering the Pinephone - by Xa3phod - 07-15-2021, 09:04 PM
RE: Considering the Pinephone - by RTP - 07-16-2021, 12:04 AM
RE: Considering the Pinephone - by swiley - 07-16-2021, 07:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,205 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,836 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,553 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,371 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,814 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,673 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,249 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,916 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,291 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,674 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)