The Best Feature of the PinePhone is...
#2
To me it's the fact that it's not a smartphone that acts like a PC like it's the case with iOS and Android, but rather it's a PC that acts like a smartphone.
Even things that are supposed to be simple like sending files back and forth is way easier with a PinePhone.

On iOS and Android I need to rely on a local Nextcloud server that's not hooked up to the internet to transfer files between phones and PCs, because on Android I need to enable "file transfer" every single time, and it's still not a guarantee it'll work.
And on iOS there's literally no other way if you're both using Linux on your PC, and refuse to update iOS to the latest version (for connecting to an old Mac or Windows PC, I have both just in case).

Meanwhile on PinePhone, I simply add my PC's SSH key to my phone so I can use the "scp" command, and just press the Tab key twice to autofill the correct filename that exists on my phone.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: The Best Feature of the PinePhone is... - by ryo - 06-07-2021, 04:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,268 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,847 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,703 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,426 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,828 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,716 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,296 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,970 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,338 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,721 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)