HDMI troubles with Pinephone beta edition
#10
Quote:There are still some HDMI issues some people keep reporting, that manifest themselves by anx7688 firmware not getting past „DP status = 0×03“ (it should go from 0 all the way to 6 normally). When this happens it's caused by HDMI controller inside the SoC using incorrect clock frequency, and anx7688 fails to acquire the HDMI signal from the SoC. It should be easy to fix, but I have trouble reproducing it with my kernel and userspace, so I can't identify the root of the problem, yet.

megi mentioned this problem in the latest dev log entry.

I appreciated the note about what the dmesg entry is supposed to report since mine is showing the 0x03 behavior. Now I have a better idea of what to look for as I'm testing.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: HDMI troubles with Pinephone beta edition - by whiteinge - 05-23-2021, 12:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,270 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,847 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,704 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,427 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,828 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,716 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,296 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,970 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,338 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,722 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)