Pinephone on Cricket Wireless (USA) no service
#33
(03-19-2021, 09:32 AM)C0ffeeFreak Wrote: No, It does act like a pager though. If you turn on do not disturb on your GV number your phone never rings. People will only get your voicemail. GV will forward you that in a text or email.

I'm not surprised, really the outcall notification is a legacy feature from back when cell phone airtime was very limited and expensive. If I have to leave AT&T I could probably live with email notification if I can't find a phone service that can work with a pager, though that would not be as immediate or convenient as the pager setup. (My usage pattern is the phone stays turned off all the time unless I receive notification of a voice message or I need to call someone. Unlike a lot of people today I am not addicted to my phone and don't live on it.) However, using my already-activated SIM and avoiding the use of cellular internet service I may be able to stay with AT&T even though the Pinephone is not on their whitelist. Guess it depends on how deeply they check.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinephone on Cricket Wireless (USA) no service - by Zebulon Walton - 03-19-2021, 10:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone2 and Cricket Wireless, and VLC? And music alarms? The Almighty Doer of Stuff 3 617 09-21-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,060 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,737 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,058 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,033 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,701 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,659 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,212 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,858 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,250 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)