Pinephone on Cricket Wireless (USA) no service
#27
Google Voice? I can't speak for anyone else, but the whole reason I bought a Pinephone was to stay away from Google (Android)! Aside from the occasional youtube video I don't use any Google products, and do not have a Google account. (Ditto for Microsoft and Apple.)

It sounds like if you activate using another phone and just don't use mobile data you should be OK. (I've never had mobile data so I have no problem avoiding that feature and just using wifi for updates. All I'm really interested in is making and receiving phone calls.)
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinephone on Cricket Wireless (USA) no service - by Zebulon Walton - 03-18-2021, 08:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone2 and Cricket Wireless, and VLC? And music alarms? The Almighty Doer of Stuff 3 617 09-21-2026, 10:58 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,060 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,737 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,058 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,033 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,701 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,658 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,212 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,858 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,250 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)