1 week with the Pinephone
#8
(03-10-2021, 11:34 PM)NormandC Wrote: But I learned something a couple of days ago, you can actually make your own custom Squeekboard layout and put it in your home folder. I have yet to give it a try. See the Mobian wiki: https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...o:keyboard

But one thing that is sorely missing in Squeekboard is long presses to get alternate characters. KDE Plasma Mobile's onscreen keyboard has this already, just like on Android. I hope that adding this functionality is planned by the Purism people.

Indeed, it doesn't look too complicated to make your own. For now de is fine for me, as it's QWERTZ and has all the special characters I need. It will of course be an issue when I connect a real keyboard, but for now I ssh rather than directly type into the phone. Long press alternate keys would be great; it looks like there's a bug open for that, but it has been open for a while:

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/squeekboard/-/issues/93
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
1 week with the Pinephone - by battlegarden - 03-09-2021, 05:22 AM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by Will Welker - 03-09-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by battlegarden - 03-10-2021, 08:40 AM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by bosi564 - 03-10-2021, 04:00 AM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by battlegarden - 03-10-2021, 08:52 AM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by C0ffeeFreak - 03-10-2021, 10:13 AM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by battlegarden - 03-12-2021, 03:48 AM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by NormandC - 03-10-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: 1 week with the Pinephone - by battlegarden - 03-11-2021, 08:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,263 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,846 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 87,700 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 26,426 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,825 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,714 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,295 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,970 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,338 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,720 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)