Pinephone Mainboard Replacement Issues
#12
(12-23-2020, 01:29 PM)p1x3l3d Wrote: I hadn't even read your reply yet, but I also managed to flash the new firmware for the modem (described it here) Smile Unfortunately, as with you, the problems I had before seem to persist. In my case I'm still not able to install any of the Manjaro distributions for the pinephone Sad

On another note, I did try openSUSE yesterday but I found it was less functional than other distributions using Phosh, such as Mobian. In fact, I'm starting to like Mobian a lot! It seems to be pretty fast and most functions seem to work. What kind of issues are you still dealing with?
I have the same issues as before, Mobian only boots if it is plugged in at all times, will power off immediately if unplugged. Many features don't work such as wifi, flashing firmware didn't help.
Interestingly, if I startup the phone with a battery it will give a percentage that will increase slowly, reinserting will then freeze the percentage but still indicate charging. If I boot with no battery it will say 0% capacity. Power supply app always says health is 'good' and charging at 0.00W even if I boot with no battery.

OpenSUSE works the best for me because it is one of the only distros that actually boot, however it needs to boot for the first time plugged in, after that it can boot on battery until the battery is reinserted where it will then boot to a black screen (acts bricked)

The only image I found that works perfectly now is the one with multiple distros on it. The OSes still fail except for Jumpdrive, and everything can be started on battery.

All the other distros seem to be completely broken, I get either only a splash or notification light and then bootloop or get stuck in black screen.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinephone Mainboard Replacement Issues - by Stringbean - 12-23-2020, 06:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,592 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,830 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,550 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,313 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,695 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,149 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,249 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,765 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 4,960 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Pinephone not booting sd card... bruv 1 3,666 03-25-2025, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)