Pinephone Mainboard Replacement Issues
#3
(12-21-2020, 10:54 PM)Stringbean Wrote: So I tried some more images, the phone can get to the boot screen on battery, but will then power off unless it is plugged in.

Update: Tried openSUSE, battery seems to be charging now and I can unplug it too. Everything seems to work. Will try other images again to see if they work now as well.

Update2: Ok openSUSE does seem to have similar problems. If I get it booted It works just fine, even rebooting works, but If I reinsert the battery while unplugged then boot it starts acting weird again. If it doesn't boot, the screen stays off and will be bricked until battery is removed. Only way I can fix is if I boot while plugged in. This technique also works for Mobian and jumpdrive, but those will power off if unplugged.
Maybe disconnect and reconnect the power board cable? Might not be plugged in all the way.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinephone Mainboard Replacement Issues - by rocket2nfinity - 12-22-2020, 03:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,592 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,830 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,550 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,313 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,695 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,149 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,249 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,765 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 4,960 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Pinephone not booting sd card... bruv 1 3,666 03-25-2025, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)