How do I charge my PinePhone safely?
#8
(09-05-2020, 04:07 PM)nekojet Wrote: This has been very helpful, and I think I'm starting to get it.

I'm going to stick with 5V, avoid 5.2V, buy the 15W (5V 3A) charger, not buy the multivolt charger I mentioned, and continue to read up on this stuff.  Cool.

Thanks for your help!

I would use the Moto E4 or Apple A1401 charger you mentioned. I'm totally sure, the 5,2V Output will not damage anything. They are designed for that use. No charger provides exactly 5V and the Voltage will decrease under load anyway. But it's your decision.

Edit:
Quote:Supplied voltage by a host or a powered hub ports is between 4.75 V and 5.25 V.
http://www.hardwarebook.info/Universal_Serial_Bus_(USB)


Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I charge my PinePhone safely? - by guenther - 09-05-2020, 04:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,595 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,832 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,554 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,313 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,695 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,151 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,252 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,770 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 4,962 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Pinephone not booting sd card... bruv 1 3,666 03-25-2025, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)