Firmware update only did partial upgrade?
#2
(09-25-2026, 06:02 PM)Agent24 Wrote: I have a PinePhone Manjaro Edition and it's working alright with PostmarketOS, but I do have some issues with SMS, particularly larger messages getting "jammed" and not receiving, until I manually delete them from the queue, wait some amount of time (sometimes even a day) and it will start working again. I thought this might be some modem firmware issue as I am running a very old version.

The original modem firmware was EG25GGBR07A08M2G_01.001.01.001

I tried updating to 01.002.01.002 with the fastboot command, but it only seems to have half worked, or something.
I used the information here: https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pine...LASHING.md

I got a message like this with a warning:
Code:
~/Downloads $ fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.ubi && fastboot reboot
Warning: skip copying modem image avb footer (modem partition size: 0, modem image size: 41025536).
Sending 'modem' (40064 KB)                        OKAY [  1.281s]
Writing 'modem'                                    OKAY [ 12.747s]
Finished. Total time: 14.051s
Rebooting                                          OKAY [  0.018s]
Finished. Total time: 0.073s


You did not need atinout for this.

It seems you did the job as normal user, but must open a root terminal (sudo su) before fastboot ....
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware update only did partial upgrade? - by Gumur - 09-26-2026, 08:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eMMC upgrade EuvzO8 5 7,427 11-08-2023, 11:58 PM
Last Post: brken
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 15,538 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641
  Need command to tell what modem firmware I am on. purpletiger 4 8,268 07-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  camera firmware problems kqlnut 25 42,920 09-02-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  3/32 upgrade board, Arrived Without Firmware, Troubleshooting Steps to SOLVED biketool 0 3,237 06-22-2021, 10:03 AM
Last Post: biketool
  WIFI not available after anx7688 update failure frimmel 21 36,465 05-11-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frimmel
  Fail safe way to update ANX7688 firmware scholbert 24 45,886 04-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: zborgerd
  Pinephone mainboard v1.2 documentation update? scholbert 1 4,995 01-18-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: bokomaru
  New motherboard - ANX firmware won't flash. --- 17 26,282 12-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: p1x3l3d
  Update to 3GB/32GB mainboard not working tlo 2 6,719 11-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: tlo

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)