PureTalk work with Pinephone?
#3
(11-21-2022, 08:38 AM)mikehenson Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 10:36 PM)car46999 Wrote: Hello all,
I checked before I bought my Pinephone that PureTalk worked, but now I am running into issues registering on the Cell network. And I found a few posts that make me think PureTalk started whitelisting Pinephones.

So is there anyone currently using PureTalk for voice and messaging in the US? Or does anyone know for sure that they blocked Pinephones?

Thanks.

In my experience, AT&T is the one blocking PinePhones. I was kicked off 2 virtual providers that used AT&T as the backbone.
I have had issues with Verizon also.

I am currently using Patriot Mobile[1] T-Mobile (Make sure you get a T-Mobile SIM. They have both AT&T and T-Mobile)

Check the wiki for carrier support [2]

Here is the Patriot Mobile APN settings [3]

[1] https://www.patriotmobile.com/ 
[2] https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_C...g_carriers
[3] https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_A..._T-Mobile)

I appreciate the insight. PureTalk is a reseller for AT&T. 
I just recently tried changing my PP IMEI to one that I know is good for PureTalk. But still no luck getting it to register on the cell network.

I checked the carrier support WIKI previously, it lists AT&T as good. I also read several posts saying that PureTalk works.

Not really looking to change carriers, so for now I will continue testing and troubleshooting.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by car46999 - 11-15-2022, 10:36 PM
RE: PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by mikehenson - 11-21-2022, 08:38 AM
RE: PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by car46999 - 11-28-2022, 11:43 PM
RE: PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by car46999 - 12-01-2022, 10:46 PM
RE: PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by car46999 - 12-12-2022, 10:56 PM
RE: PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by car46999 - 12-23-2022, 11:18 PM
RE: PureTalk work with Pinephone? - by car46999 - 01-30-2023, 12:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 8,998 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,694 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,900 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,975 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,663 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,642 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,194 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,840 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,232 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,561 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)