Windows 10 IOT
Windows 10 IoT or Windows 10 whichever, I really really hope that we get support on that front. *Cross Fingers*
for information, they are another post with windows 10, you can search .
windows 10 IOT is not windows 10 classic it is different.
There is no GUI in Windows 10 IoT. You only get command line, which is worse than Linux.
Everybody, please google things and read up on them before you continually try to argue that you are correct. Windows IoT is really only supported on the pi and not all ARM devices. Also as taros stated Windows IoT is not the windows you all seem to think it is, you are not going to be able to play the windows version of minecraft or use Microsoft edge. Also trust me on this, you would NOT want to run windows on this system even if it was possible, everything would run horribly at the processors fairly slow clock speed and with 512MB of RAM there would be frequent crashes/long loading times. Ubuntu will be fantastic, it is perfect for both new users and more experienced users, for newbies there is an "appstore" as well as a very nice looking GUI with simple menus.
(02-20-2016, 11:59 AM)limitlesscodes Wrote: Everybody, please google things and read up on them before you continually try to argue that you are correct. Windows IoT used to kindof sortof have support for ARM architechture but does not any longer.

There are at least two ARMv7 boards that can run Windows 10 IoT Core.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
(02-20-2016, 01:02 PM)benpope81 Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 11:59 AM)limitlesscodes Wrote: Everybody, please google things and read up on them before you continually try to argue that you are correct. Windows IoT used to kindof sortof have support for ARM architechture but does not any longer.

There are at least two ARMv7 boards that can run Windows 10 IoT Core.

You are correct in saying that I forgot about the pi, but in general there is no windows IoT image that can be easily loaded onto the pine64.
(02-20-2016, 01:22 PM)limitlesscodes Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 01:02 PM)benpope81 Wrote: There are at least two ARMv7 boards that can run Windows 10 IoT Core.

You are correct in saying that I forgot about the pi, but in general there is no windows IoT image that can be easily loaded onto the pine64.

Right, or any other ARM SBC, due in part because there is no standardised hardware discovery mechanism. It's the same problem for Linux or any other OS.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to share pine folder with windows? ealbers 2 3,565 09-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Tool chain to write Pine 64 linux apps on a Windows Dev machine SvdSinner 2 4,332 07-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Windows 10 Maximum 11 12,951 07-16-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Ghost