BraveHeart UbPorts Battery drain/Solder update
#1
I recall a news post informing us that the BraveHeart UbPorts Pinephone had an issue that required a solder fix so the battery could hold a normal charge.  I keep checking the news updates and I haven't seen anything more about where I can get my phone fixed.  I've asked on Telegram too.  

Anyone know if a list is still being worked on as to where I can get this fixed? 

I've watched the how to video but my experience with soldering is limited and I've never messed with small circuit boards.  I don't feel comfortable doing this myself.

I know this edition was for testing but it was suppose to function properly on the hardware end.  I thought about buying the latest edition.  Although, I fear it will have some hardware issue too and I can't get it fixed either.
#2
I think you may be talking about two separate issues.

On issue affected Braveheart and some of the Ubports CE (Revision 1.2). The issue was fixed in revision 1.2a. That issue had to do with using USB C accessories.

The battery drain issue (which I tried and failed to fix on my Braveheart) was supposed to have been resolved in the Community Edition.

See here: https://xnux.eu/devices/feature/anx7688.html
#3
(10-04-2020, 12:52 PM)ConorIA Wrote: I think you may be talking about two separate issues.

On issue affected Braveheart and some of the Ubports CE (Revision 1.2a). The issue was fixed in revision 1.2b. That issue had to do with using USB C accessories.

The battery drain issue (which I tried and failed to fix on my Braveheart) was supposed to have been resolved in the Community Edition.

See here: https://xnux.eu/devices/feature/anx7688.html

Oh good! Thanks for clarification.  I was worried the UbPorts edition had hardware and software issues with battery.  I just have to be patient for one of the many OS's to get dialed in with updates.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firmware update only did partial upgrade? Agent24 2 181 09-26-2026, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Agent24
  Battery life improvement freelectro 11 12,475 09-14-2026, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Juergen
  Battery connector dead mdk 5 5,060 01-15-2026, 02:24 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Battery Life- hardware abstraction layer-GPU VS optomizing app for GPU-openGL biketool 1 3,743 09-20-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 5,230 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
Thumbs Down Battery Issue or Power Management IC? bcoyle 2 5,430 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bcoyle
  Power supply vs battery albafrati 11 13,387 06-22-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: albafrati
  What PD charger/dock combo results in PP battery not draining while using convergence james8880 0 3,783 04-28-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: james8880
  Battery mot charging past 54% StickyPine 32 52,379 02-26-2022, 02:07 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Ubuntu Touch vs. Manjaro on Braveheart [Accessibility] jazzhands 0 2,594 09-22-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: jazzhands

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)