PINEPHONE SPECS: Isn't 18:9 == 2:1? and as it is a RATIO, isn't simplified better?
#1
First THANKS for this amazing project that is Pinephone
I am not brave or rich enough to be brave.
But I will buy one.

I love the bet for the 2:1 screen ratio
I would even love more the same bet all over the product line
Also an additional 3:1 screen offer for those that prefer landscape view.
But I do not like reading 18:9 and not 2:1 as if it were a 16+:9 option.

Please, change 18:9 in the specs for 2:1 or at least add (2:1) after that nonsense 
- in my opinion - of using multipliers for ratios.
#2
Daft as it seems, that's become the industry standard way to specify it, and this is far from the first phone to use it. It's like 16:10 monitors, presumably so people can more easily compare with 16:9, or perhaps because bigger numbers are 'better' in specs. Whatever the reason, if you're aiming to have the specs comparable to other phones it needs to stay 18:9.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone visibly losing power while plugged in Hiraghm 9 9,010 08-29-2026, 11:18 AM
Last Post: baptx
  Pinephone software Csanderson0313 3 1,703 07-10-2026, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 31 86,934 06-11-2026, 02:50 PM
Last Post: elinkser
  How can I record video on a Pinephone? kk22 23 25,987 03-25-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: baptx
  pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian fhireman 5 8,674 02-28-2026, 05:49 PM
Last Post: baptx
  beep - playing PCM samples on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 0 1,646 12-04-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
Star Selling my Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition zheyon 2 5,200 12-01-2025, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone sensors - Gyroscope power WhiteHexagon 3 2,844 11-30-2025, 08:07 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Light Sensor / Proximity Sensor on PinePhone? WhiteHexagon 1 2,237 11-18-2025, 03:07 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Pinephone boot. Richy_T 8 8,568 10-21-2025, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Richy_T

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)