tow-boot, just bought pinephone pro
My pinephone pro came with sailfish and I believe U-boot ...
I've been trying to try different OS's from the wiki using sdcard.

Some work, some don't.
I assume a lot of the ones that don't work I need to install tow-boot.

My issue is...

I have the tow-boot spi on an sdcard.

I push in the re button and then the power button. (I have tried plugging in power via usb as well).
But, nothing happens. It never boots to the spi install screen.

Is there something I am doing wrong in this regard?

Also, if I ever do get tow-boot installed, how do I revert to a stock U-boot? I have not seen instructions for doing so with the reading I have done yet.

Any help is appreciated. I am just tired of iOS and android and tired of throwing away phones. I am hoping pine64 and its open nature can satiate my basic needs.
(07-29-2024, 05:30 AM)stratofall Wrote: My pinephone pro came with sailfish and I believe U-boot ...

My issue is...

When did you buy/get your PinePhonePro?

Tow-Boot needs to be flashed to the SPI. It will not work on the SD card.
(07-29-2024, 05:30 AM)stratofall Wrote: My pinephone pro came with sailfish and I believe U-boot ...
I've been trying to try different OS's from the wiki using sdcard.

Some work, some don't.
I assume a lot of the ones that don't work I need to install tow-boot.

My issue is...

I push in the re button and then the power button. (I have tried plugging in power via usb as well).
But, nothing happens. It never boots to the spi install screen.

Is there something I am doing wrong in this regard?

Also, if I ever do get tow-boot installed, how do I revert to a stock U-boot? I have not seen instructions for doing so with the reading I have done yet.

Any help is appreciated. I am just tired of iOS and android and tired of throwing away phones. I am hoping pine64 and its open nature can satiate my basic needs.

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...ory_builds
I received my PinePhone Pro last week (week of July 22 2024) . I played around with Sailfish OS that came with it for a bit, just to see what it was like.

I have tried Arch with phosh. I then wanted to try Postmarket OS. But this one will not work at all. So I assumed it was a tow-boot. I also tried Kali, but it also would not work. So again tow-boot.

I download the latest tow-boot libreComputer-rocRk3399Pc-2023.07-007.tar.xz .. I write the spi.installer.img to the sdcard using dd if=spi.installer.img of=/dev/sda bs=1M oflag=direct,sync status=progress then put that sdcard into the phone, insert battery. Push the re button and then the power button and hold until something happens.

The phone seems to turn on and all I get is a blue LED light up. Nothing else....

Also, thanks tllim for the factory build link. I guess I meant/clarify if I am to install tow-boot at some point. How do I get the original u-boot back onto the phone?
So, I'm an idiot. Smile

I just realized the tow-boot list has a drop down to show more.
I found the pine phone pro version. And I was able to flash two-boot on the first try.

Welp, lesson learned. Thanks for taking the time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Contributors: Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System for PinePhone Pro lupyuen 3 2,310 08-25-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Fofeu
  July 1 upgrade of Mobian Bookworm boot loops. mburns 2 683 08-13-2024, 06:26 AM
Last Post: mburns
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone pro. zetabeta 16 4,372 04-28-2024, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Tow-Boot, a new U-Boot option for Pinephone Pro and other devices Ulfnic 60 53,350 02-13-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: fxc
Brick Recovery without Tow Boot b34ux 10 2,749 02-02-2024, 07:07 PM
Last Post: reky
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 1,273 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
  Rhino Linux does not seem ready for the PinePhone Pro. mburns 2 1,351 11-23-2023, 08:39 AM
  Megapixels on Mobian Bookworm on PinePhone Pro - Not Launching X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,003 11-07-2023, 09:44 AM
  What to do if your PinePhone Pro does not boot fxc 19 23,039 09-10-2023, 03:19 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone(pro) modem bug / shortcomings MadameMalady 2 2,845 06-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady