Sailfish on PinePhone
Hallo,

Ich möchte Salfish OS auf dem PinePhone ausprobieren.
Leider startet der Multidist SD in allen Bildern nur bis zum Startbildschirm. Damit ich ein Betriebssystem auswählen kann, wird ein entsprechender Startbildschirm angezeigt. Dann wird das Display dunkel und die rote LED oben links leuchtet auf, dann wird der Startbildschirm erneut angezeigt und mehrere Stunden lang passiert nichts.
Nur der Jumpdrive macht, was er sollte, ich kann vom Computer aus auf den Speicher zugreifen.
Mit dem Flash-it-Skript habe ich eine SD-Karte erstellt, von der aus das Gerät nicht gestartet wird. Dann habe ich versucht, direkt auf dem Speicher zu installieren, aber das hat auch nicht funktioniert. Obwohl es keine Fehlermeldung gab. Als ich gefragt wurde, ob ich auf Sdcard installieren soll, gab ich nein ein. Ich weiß nicht, ob das richtig ist.
Ich habe während der Installation 2 für die Geräteabfrage ausgewählt, was meiner Meinung nach mein Pinephone ohne Pro ist. Als ich nach dem Passwort gefragt wurde, habe ich Ja ausgewählt, aber da bin ich mir auch nicht sicher. Hat jemand Anweisungen, wie es funktioniert und was ich verstehe.
Das Bild "gd-aosp-pine_pinephone-userdebug-2023w46.sdcard.img" auf Sdcard beginnt übrigens wie erwartet.

PS: Hält der Akku unter SailfishOS länger?

Grüße
Sebastian
I auto-translated your post, apologies in advance for possible confusion ...

It seems to be working OK on my regular PinePhone (non-Pro). Note that SailfishOS requires Tow-Boot to be installed.

Here are some step-by-step instructions, if you want to install it to eMMC like I did:

1. Download the Tow-Boot installer from the GitHub releases; you want the archive file called `pine64-pinephoneA64-2023.07-007.tar.xz` (or whatever the latest version is).
2. The archive will contain an image file called `mmcboot.installer.img`; flash it to your SD card.
3. Put the SD card in the PinePhone, boot it up, and follow the instructions to install Tow-Boot. Then, power off the phone and remove the SD card.
4. Re-flash the SD card with Jumpdrive; put it back in the PIpePhone and boot it up.
5. Use the `flash-it.sh` script to install SailfishOS to the eMMC (make sure you select the right device; Jumpdrive exposes both the eMMC and SD card). When it asks you whether you are installing to an SD card, say NO.
6. Power off the phone, remove the SD card and boot it up. You should be greeted with the SailfishOS first-time setup UI.

P.S. I had a couple of instances where I thought the phone had crashed, but I actually just needed to press power button to wake the screen up ... the way it blinks the LED is similar to what U-boot/Tow-Boot do when they are broken.
Hello
Sorry for German text. The automatic translation has tripped me up and the text has been translated back.
I now have Sailfish running on sdcard but I can't get the system to run on the internal memory. However, it seems to be largely available, at least the memory allocation is the same between internal memory and sdcard with a virgin system. But it won't start from the internal memory so without sdcard.
It took me a while to find the file for Tow-Boot for download. Somehow I can't find the page clearly or the browser is hiding something. But that was probably my mistake, the lack of Tow-Boot.

Thank you very much
Sebastian

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
(Reminder) When you run `flash-it.sh` it will ask you whether you are installing to an SD card. If you are installing to eMMC you must answer NO to this question, otherwise it will not mount the root filesystem correctly during boot.
Hello,

I wanted to try again but after starting Jumpdrive I get the message Jumpdrive is running on the display. However, the laptop does not recognise the memory. lsblk only returns nvme0... Hard drive of the laptop. Neither the internal memory of the phone nor the SD card are displayed.
lsusb returns:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c01b Logitech, Inc. MX310 Optical Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 5986:9106 Bison Electronics Inc. integrated camera
Bus 004 Device 004: ID 0489:e0cd Foxconn / Hon Hai MediaTek Bluetooth Adapter
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

telnet 172.16.42.1
Trying 172.16.42.1...
telnet: connect to address 172.16.42.1: Connection timed out

Greetings
Sebastian

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I had the wrong USB cable as the data wires were missing. Now with a different cable it worked.

Greetings
Sebastian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When mobile data works calls don't with Sailfish OS albafrati 0 30 Yesterday, 09:28 AM
Last Post: albafrati
  Pinephone keyboard with Sailfish fn-keys idc 1 1,355 01-28-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: idc
  PinePhone versus Sailfish (Sony/Jolla) richieeee 10 9,888 07-10-2021, 04:18 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Will the Pinephone become a supported device ? OhneZ 2 3,421 07-03-2021, 11:04 AM
Last Post: grhmhome
  Sailfish install problem. pjsf 15 19,500 07-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Last Post: afigegoznaet
  Sailfish web browser linux6730 3 5,345 02-25-2020, 05:42 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Sailfish still supported? Mangled 4 6,131 02-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Mangled