Current pinephone hardware revision
#1
Hello,

From https://www.pine64.org/2020/08/31/pineph...y-edition/, it says that Manjaro CE PinePhones feature rev. 1.2a PCBA.
However, https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh..._revisions seems to say that it features rev. 1.2b PCBA.

Has it evolved since the announcement from the end of August ?

From what I can read, I'd prefer to test the Phosh user interface, and thus have the Manjaro edition.
Is there any difference in hardware revision from manjaro and kde edition ?
I know that I can juste take any community edition and then flash the device with the desired OS, but if it can spare me my time ... :-D
#2
I think the 1.2b change came after the August announcement, and that the wiki is correct. So far as we know the kde edition will be using 1.2b, but we probably won't be certain until it's shipped. Flashing really doesn't take very long.
#3
The hardware is almost identical. All images will be (almost certainly Smile ) able to run on either version since the change is so small. I believe it is the removal of a single resistor. There is one more known hardware defect in the 1,2b board.

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_v1.2b

HTH
LF


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug PinePhone modem keeps "disappearing" Kevin Kofler 21 22,549 09-11-2026, 09:18 AM
Last Post: idice
  Pinephone + Keyboard for sale, little use ruemoo 18 14,775 08-23-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Nambo
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 14 25,511 05-17-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: EuvzO8
  PinePhone 16 GB – Free to a Good Home Anna 2 2,298 01-20-2026, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Anna
Sad PinePhone USB-C port and audio jack failure Kevin Kofler 4 8,680 12-11-2025, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jakfish
  Recycling pinephone as home server mdk 6 4,128 12-01-2025, 02:57 AM
Last Post: mdk
  PinePhone, PinePhone Pro, Keyboard/Accessories for sale brb78 5 3,227 11-30-2025, 05:45 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Modem Issues with the Pinephone Temmie19 5 6,722 07-02-2025, 12:50 PM
Last Post: biketool
Question Third-party cheap touchscreen/LCD for the Pinephone - lost knowledge? mikeb 2 4,936 06-21-2025, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mikeb
  Pinephone not booting sd card... bruv 1 3,654 03-25-2025, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)