Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,103
» Latest member: Nebulizer8204
» Forum threads: 15,678
» Forum posts: 114,534

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Alternatives to Signal or...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: TRS-80
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 601
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
4 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,801
Availability of the LoRa ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Accessories
Last Post: deuitpym
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: aular
11 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 573
Heart Rate Monitoring
Forum: General Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: Ccssid
Today, 01:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 09:41 AM
» Views: 37
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 156
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
04-23-2024, 01:48 PM
» Views: 19
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:58 AM
» Views: 53
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
04-23-2024, 10:37 AM
» Views: 47

** Pinebook Pro For Sale: UK **
Posted by: anselm13 - 02-03-2020, 02:21 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (4)

For sale on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PINEBOOK-Pro-Li...2896929609

How to open the phone?
Posted by: jgorres - 02-03-2020, 01:57 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (13)

Second most stupid question at all (just to leave some space to the ceiling):

How the hack can I open the phone to access SIM card slot/SD card slot/battery?

Are there somewhere some "manuals" or whatsoever for this?

FOSDEM 2020 and New Hardware
Posted by: Luke - 02-03-2020, 10:40 AM - Forum: News - No Replies

FOSDEM 2020 - short blog and hardware announcements:

Blog Entry

opensuse and fedora images
Posted by: smithmcgriff - 02-03-2020, 10:02 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (5)

Hey everyone, I've created working images for openSUSE Tumbleweed and Fedora. You can grab them here https://github.com/smithmcgriff

Improving charging of PBP battery
Posted by: james64 - 02-03-2020, 07:30 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (8)

I've read a ton of threads and see a lot of discussion around charging/discharging, links to Amazon power supplies, links to Pine64 usb to to barrel adapter. 

Is there an incoming wiki section on charging solutions? Similar to the NVMe wiki section... basically a wiki section that confirms which barrel chargers work  and which usb type-c chargers work well?

Due to my location shipping will be a pain. Otherwise I would happily be a guinea pig and report back suggested power supplies on Amazon.

RockPro64 + Kodi + POT
Posted by: rickyx - 02-03-2020, 05:08 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Hi,

I'd like to build myself a media center.
As software I would like Kodi / libreElec or something based on Debian (it's the system I know best).

As hardware I would have thought a RockPro64 4Gb.
Also I would like a quality audio output: I have seen some POT boards but I didn't understand how to use them and if they are compatible with RockPro64 and libreElec.

I would use an eMMC for the operating system but all media files would reside on a separate nas.

I would control everything with the web interface

Do you have any suggestions? Will it work ;) ?

Thank you,
Rickyx

Question UK Power Supply
Posted by: User 11436 - 02-03-2020, 03:52 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (11)

Do Pine64 sell any UK power supplies suitable for the Pinebook Pro?

Doom Eternity Engine
Posted by: brzegorz - 02-02-2020, 02:44 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

Hi, I just wanted to report that Eternity Engine for Doom is compilable on Manjaro. There are two hoops two jump through:

1. Install adlmidi(or libadlmidi...?) from AUR
2. Compilation fails with some libpng error. Libpng is statically linked. If you replace the libpng folder in the Eternity source code tree with one downloaded from libpng webpage, the game will compile.

For resource-hungry maps, prboom-plus seems to be the best of all worlds when it comes to compatibility and performance. There are some maps which require Eternity or Gzdoom, though.

inquiries
Posted by: varuna - 02-02-2020, 12:55 PM - Forum: Replicant on PinePhone - Replies (6)

Hello everybody
My goal is to buy a pine phone on march at last and to use it ono a major ride to Central Asia .
TO call
TO be a a backup to my GPS via Osmand
TO connect sometimes .
And why Replicant Heart ?
Because  i am an old fan of PK Dick and a less old one of Blade Runner Idea 
so advice is needed.
At this moment i use an old XCOVER2 under cyanogenmod

Multiple OS on SD card
Posted by: dpower - 02-02-2020, 12:29 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (12)

I *thought* I submitted this question already this morning but it seems to have vanished! I'm excitedly waiting on my Pinephone to arrive (US here) like most folks. I figured I'd set up an SD card today and have a 64Gb card set aside for this. 

Unlike most folks here, I'm a very casual linux user, I loooove playing with different OSes and seeing different UI styles - for this very reason, I want to be able to put all the available OSes on a single SD card and if possible, choose to boot between them but I can't find a guide outlining how someone would do this. As a relatively inexperienced linux dude (know enough to be dangerous), I'm not quite sure how to go about the configuration of the SD card. I *assume* I am creating a number of partitions, one for each OS with a partition for the boot manager (u-boot seems to be the first boot manager enabling this) - but I'm not sure how to go about this from my windows laptop as this is the only machine that I have an SD reader available to me.

Does anyone have a guide or set of guides they could point me at to get somewhere?

thanks!