Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,160
» Latest member: deMangler
» Forum threads: 15,702
» Forum posts: 114,631

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
atinout binaries for mobi...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Gumur
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
xz version
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: DaForest
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
Pinebuds Pro Sound Firmwa...
Forum: General
Last Post: deMangler
Today, 06:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 29
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: manf001
Yesterday, 03:57 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 169,847
eSIM on PinePhone
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: bam
Yesterday, 03:41 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2,670
New PineTab2
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: frtodd
Yesterday, 09:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 90
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Yesterday, 08:25 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 158
Anyone else having CPU ha...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-10-2024, 01:27 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 98
No wIfI after Mobian upda...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: 98cwitr
05-10-2024, 06:45 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,231
Android ( Stock or TV ver...
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
05-09-2024, 02:49 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 6,393

Keyboard transplant issues
Posted by: U47 - 07-05-2020, 10:17 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (3)

Hi,

So I bought an OG ISO Pinebook Pro and then bought an ANSI keyboard when it became available. Yesterday, I had time to transplant everything from the ISO top case to the ANSI top case.

Everything appears to be working, but I am getting crazy keycodes back from the new ANSI keyboard.

q>nil, w>w, e>s, r>e, t>d, y>r, u>f, i>t, o>y, p>h, [>j, ]>-
a> nil, s>nil, d>q, f>z, etc.

Is there anything I need to do to flash something on the board to get this working correctly? Is the ribbon not installed properly (although I'm pretty sure I did it correctly).

I'm using Chromium at the moment, fwiw.

Thanks.

Lifting Trackpad
Posted by: p3pp3r - 07-05-2020, 09:39 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (7)

I received my pinebook pro back in January, it's an ANSI model.  The bottom right corner of my trackpad seems to be higher than the other corners.  So much so that it is higher than the palm rest.  It's something that's slowly happened over time.

Anyone else experiencing this?

battery store
Posted by: chris_02 - 07-05-2020, 09:20 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (5)

on the store, the pine hone battery is still out of stock.
When will it be available with the pinehone Pmos edition pre-orders?
If not what equivalence on the market?

Can I use UT apps with another distro ?
Posted by: Sanexom - 07-05-2020, 08:25 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (2)

Hey !

Does anyone know how I can use apps from Ubuntu Touch, like file-manager, Dekko2 with ArchLinuxArm for PinePhone ? I tried by installing clickable from AUR but I don't have much knowledge so it's not working :/

I think I could try to use this phone as a daily phone just with Mail/Calendar/File-Manager/Notes apps. UT is not usable, Bluetooth not deactivating, cellular not working, same for GPS... But Arch + Posh is smooth and everything works find, it's why I want to use some UT apps with Arch ^^

Thanks.

Ir codes for Android 9
Posted by: Redwid - 07-05-2020, 06:35 AM - Forum: Android on Rock64 - Replies (3)

Is there any way to get IR codes on Android images.
Any drivers, tools ... etc presents there?
Grep shows something related irc and lirc:

Code:
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t nf_conntrack_irc_fini
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 R __ksymtab_nf_nat_irc_hook
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 r __kcrctab_nf_nat_irc_hook
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 r __kstrtab_nf_nat_irc_hook
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t init_rc_map_lirc
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t nf_conntrack_irc_init
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t nf_nat_irc_init
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t exit_rc_map_lirc
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t nf_nat_irc_fini
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t __initcall_init_rc_map_lirc6
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t __initcall_nf_conntrack_irc_init6
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 t __initcall_nf_nat_irc_init6
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 D nf_nat_irc_hook
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 d irc
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 d lirc_map
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 b lirc
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 b irc_buffer_lock
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 b irc_buffer
./proc/kallsyms:0000000000000000 b irc_exp_policy

Pinebook Pro for sale in Europe - SOLD
Posted by: Wizzard - 07-05-2020, 03:55 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (15)

Hello. If someone in Europe would like to have my PBP ISO with NVMe adapter and 240 GB SSD, let me know.

I think 300 250 200 € including shipping is the fair price regarding the shipping cost, VAT, taxes and NVMe drive.

If you are interested, write here or PM me. I am located in Slovakia.

Reason of selling: I have also Teclast F6 pro which I also would like to sell and buy the new KDE Slimbook III Smile

Exclamation Pinebook Pro worst support ever
Posted by: gentux - 07-05-2020, 01:48 AM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (10)

Hey there,

I'm sorry to put the community in a bad mood but the customer support is just abysmal. Here's my story:

I've ordered the Pinebook Pro on January 19th and received it damaged on March 17th. Of course it gets damaged because the packaging is just a joke! there are two very thin cardboard boxes in a plastic bag!!! I can't imagine anyone got it undamaged, there is near zero edge protection!

I've contacted support and provided them with photos of the damage.
They accepted to send me a replacement display, which took until June 27th (!) to arrive.

After replacing the display, the USB seems to have failed. The input devices won't work internally or over USB I requested to send the notebook in for repair but the customer support just keeps asking for new videos. For example I've showed them how the internal keyboard and trackpad won't work, and I told them that I tried external ones.

Then they ask me to connect USB devices and show them that this doesn't work either, surely after that they want me to show how Bluetooth devices work or how serial devices don't work and so on. I'm sure they take their fun out of people getting their videos done!

I really don't like how they treat a patient customer who waited over half a year for a working product and not move their finger to really help to sort things out.

I suggest anyone who wants to get a linux laptop to not buy this but instead chose another manufacturer because here you will struggle if your hardware is not working from the day it gets shipped.

I'm pretty sure the whole laptop was damaged when I got it and should've been replaced completely. It seems to me that they just buy time until I give up.

Contrary to the claims on the shopping page, I will request a refund from PayPal, I really can expect a better support than what I've received in this case.

Developer Guide to Port Applications to Pinephone anywhere?
Posted by: beakfire - 07-04-2020, 04:16 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - No Replies

I'm a little curious if there is a dev guide anywhere with some information on porting applications over to pinephone.

Such as some basic information on what to change in order to compile GUI-based applications to run with Phosh on mobile?

Is there any guide with some information on this anywhere?

CLI-based is probably pretty easy, but I'm just curious about the GUI based stuff and optimizing it for the small screen.

I have a UBPorts edition so I can test stuff out Smile

Edit: I figured it out and found some resources on UBPorts if anyone has anymore sources of info to help with porting apps feel free to post some info..

Random Vibration
Posted by: WallStreet - 07-04-2020, 01:11 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (5)

Is anyone else's PinePhone just vibrating at random? The vibration doesn't stop until I power cycle the phone, it sometimes causes my buttons and screen to become unresponsive. I have the BH version. There is no action that causes it that I have noticed, it can start while the screen is off, opening an app, or swiping. I am on dev 71, I also had this issue a couple times while it was on stable.

Edit: UBports is the OS

Was my order actually received? Strange site behaviour. Order went through, now out o
Posted by: Cree - 07-04-2020, 01:01 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (1)

Hello,

I'd like to request confirmation of my order was in fact received, and if so whether the phone is being shipped soon or kept inline as a pre-order.
The reason i ask is because of some very strange behavior on your site when i ordered. The pinephone had been showing "out of stock" an i was unable to order for several days. I checked in regularly as i really wanted it. Yesterday when i checked again, it was showing in stock and allowed me to add to my cart. I was excited and ordered immediately. I placed my order and received a confirmation email. However, a couple hours later i was checking your site again and the pinephone was showing "out of stock" once more and it was again not possible to add one to my cart. 
I find this very strange for it to have suddenly been out of stock immediately after i ordered when it had only been in stock for a few hours.
I am concerned there may have been a website glitch at the time i ordered.
Could you please confirm my order was in fact legitimately received and whether there is a phone being packaged, made, or delivered for me. I dont mind if it was a pre-order but i want to make 100% sure that it went through on your end and i will in fact receive the phone.
Thank you,