Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,533
» Latest member: Araong
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,346

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
6 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,560
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 477
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
Yesterday, 06:54 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 77
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 186
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 116
Attempting to install Voi...
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: throwawayforvoid
09-28-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 897
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 765
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,476
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,674

My shipping status
Posted by: solidsnake0328 - 06-26-2016, 10:03 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (6)

Hi pine team! I would just like to check on my shipping status.. Has it even been shipped yet? I'm okay with waiting but would like a rough estimation on when it'll be shipped.

My name: Sayid Hafiz
Backer #: 34,323

Thanks!

Audio / Touchscreen - 2 New Stupid Questions
Posted by: phloog - 06-26-2016, 09:06 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

If I attach the touchscreen - - - it sounds like I have a wide connector for the video itself, and a narrow ribbon for the touch controls...so...

1) Are these ribbons of sufficient length to work with the acrylic enclosure, or should I abandon that bit?  It's fine if not, as I think I'd have a clunky look just laying the screen on the acrylic enclosure.

1b) Are there / Can I use some kind of short (under 12") EXTENSION CABLES for either/both of these ribbons?

but more importantly...

2) Does the touchscreen have SPEAKERS that work with Android...if so I'm assuming that this is carried by the wide ribbon connector?  If I install the touchscreen Android build, will I have audio through the screen, or do I need to do some other connecting?

2b) Is there something I have to do in SOFTWARE to get audio to work (drivers, etc.)?

Thanks,

Jtag interface
Posted by: rmdo92 - 06-26-2016, 07:05 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (5)

are the Jtag debug pin routed to any of the pins?

Roger

Ribbon Cable Extenders ?
Posted by: Severian - 06-26-2016, 06:08 AM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (14)

So my Pine64 2g board of course arrived without the play box I ordered with my pledge. Been able to play around with it just sitting on the desk, everything works good. Since I have no idea IF or WHEN the playbox will arrive, I've been digging around the house for something to use as a sort of case enclosure. Have found a couple of unique plastic boxes that would work, but the ribbon cables for the TP won't be long enough. Can of course just use the hdmi, but if I could find some ribbon cable extensions for the TP I'd be able to hook that up as well.

Anybody know where I could find ribbon cable extensions? just need to extend them 2 or 3 inches....

Missing part on shipping
Posted by: nexus1972 - 06-26-2016, 05:38 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (26)

Sorry posted in other forum then saw this shipping forum which is probably better placed
My package arrived today minus the Z-Wave module - now I think there were some issues with this so not sure if they have shipped the main pledge separately from the z-wave to get stuff out.

Unfortunately they haven't actually said that in the envelope just a little paper slip would have done - now I'm not sure if it was a mistake at shipping or lack of availability.

My backer number is 36141 so I realize I'm at the back of the queue so to speak but just seeking some clarification.

Also the wifi module shipped with a european/us plug is that by design - is their a UK adapter for the PSU? If not I'm sure I can locate a suitable alternative PSU.

Thanks for delivering on what looks to be a great project - just looking forward to getting the z-wave so I can get on with openHab.

Thanks, Paul.

Pledge arrived, but missing part
Posted by: nexus1972 - 06-26-2016, 04:51 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi First post here - I'd forgotten a little about the pledge - was pleasantly surprised to see it come through as I had seen they were having shipping/distribution issues.
Haven't felt the need to chase - my assumption was they were to use a cliche a victim of their own success.
However, my package arrived today minus the Z-Wave module - now I think there were some issues with this so not sure if they have shipped the main pledge separately from the z-wave to get stuff out.

Unfortunately they haven't actually said that in the envelope just a little paper slip would have done - now I'm not sure if it was a mistake at shipping or lack of availability.

My backer number is 36141 so I realize I'm at the back of the queue so to speak but just seeking some clarification.

Also the wifi module shipped with a european/us plug is that by design - is their a UK adapter for the PSU? If not I'm sure I can locate a suitable alternative PSU.

Thanks for delivering on what looks to be a great project - just looking forward to getting the z-wave so I can get on with openHab.

Thanks, Paul.

Audio
Posted by: igna09 - 06-26-2016, 12:29 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (4)

Hi, if i do

Code:
cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [sndhdmi        ]: sndhdmi - sndhdmi
                     sndhdmi

i don't get jack device. Can someone help me?

I started blogging on Pine64 Cluster
Posted by: salmangano - 06-25-2016, 07:52 PM - Forum: Cluster Computing - Replies (13)

See http://singleboard.org Feedback and suggestions appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can't seem to create SD card
Posted by: blanius - 06-25-2016, 07:27 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (7)

After repeated attempts I have been unable to create an SD card for my PINE64

Pheonix card gives some weird error, So tried WindiskImager it fails.... Pulling my hair out. 

Using Windows 10 PCs

FYI I have been able to create bootable cards for multiple Pi's, PCDuino's and others without a problem

how to use USB hard disk as /(root)
Posted by: hatahata - 06-25-2016, 06:51 PM - Forum: Debian - Replies (15)

hi all .

i usually use hard disk as root .
i think   hard disk is more tough than sd card  and the space of it is over 250GB or more .

for example banana pi M1 , root is /dev/sda1

Code:
head /boot/boot.cmd
if ext4load mmc 0 0x00000000 /boot/.verbose
then
setenv verbosity 7
else
setenv verbosity 1
fi
setenv bootargs "console=tty1 root=/dev/sda1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing=0 loglevel=${verbosity}"

but
at pine64's debian  , surely there are files in /boot  but they are binaly files  so i do not do anythig , i give up .
only develover knows how to  , so i think .
regards