Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,086
» Latest member: lonewolf64
» Forum threads: 15,672
» Forum posts: 114,506

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: walter1950
57 minutes ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 1,697
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pelecanus
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 24
Why can't we have an alte...
Forum: Shipment Related Discussion
Last Post: leoga
6 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 13,368
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 35
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
Yesterday, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 615
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
04-17-2024, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 41
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
» Views: 93
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
04-17-2024, 07:50 AM
» Views: 32
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 585,025
[WIP] KDE Plasma Mobile 6...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: u-kidjp
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 597

Netbeans
Posted by: Marco Conti - 09-21-2017, 04:52 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook - Replies (1)

Hi,
I'm trying to run Netbeans on my Pinebook but it fail:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Anybody know why?

MAC address changing
Posted by: WhiskerBiscuit - 09-21-2017, 02:37 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (2)

I like to used reversed ips and have my router assign the ip address based upon the MAC address of the network adapter.

So I find the IP address (172.16.90) assigned to the rock, and then assign an ip addressed to that MAC address. I reboot, and I can't ping it.  I look again and I see the Rock has now gotten 172.16.0.90 again.  I figure I made a mistake so I create a new one.  The same thing happens.  I'm looking at my reservations and sure enough I'm seeing different mac addresses for "linaro-alip".  I SSH into the terminal and "ip a" confirms that I'm getting a different MAC address.

What is going on here?

Incomplete order received
Posted by: WhiskerBiscuit - 09-21-2017, 01:18 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (1)

I just opened up my order, and while there was a nice big plastic box for the EMMC chip, it was completely empty.  Not even foam packaging inside.  Anyone else have a problem with their order?

Bummed
Angry

Software images
Posted by: WhiskerBiscuit - 09-19-2017, 08:01 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - No Replies

I'm looking at the distros on the Wiki and see that there are distros for a microSD boot device.  Will this also work if I burn the image to a EEMC device?

Managed to install Kubernetes
Posted by: digitaldaz - 09-19-2017, 07:36 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (3)

No idea what I can do with it, I've got a big learning curve ahead but its installed Smile
[Image: kubernetes-eAfIpgcH.1505870869.jpg]

rock64@node1:~$ kubectl get nodes
NAME      STATUS    AGE       VERSION
node1     Ready     1h        v1.7.5
node2     Ready     1h        v1.7.5
node3     Ready     1h        v1.7.5
node4     Ready     1h        v1.7.5
node5     Ready     1h        v1.7.5

How can I reliably get battery status on pinebook
Posted by: tillea - 09-19-2017, 11:28 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - Replies (5)

Hi,

thanks to the great Q4os developers I now have a quite decent Debian Stretch system running.  After I managed to flash the eMMC with Q4os I simply editet sources.list to point to Stretch instead of Jessie and did a dist-upgrade.   I needed to fiddle a bit with the graphics since X was lost but rebuilding libump and xf86-video-fbturbo under Stretch did the trick.  (I'm a Debian developer and might consider creating at least an official libump package - need to check the license of fbturbo whether it is acceptable in Debian.)

I now try to get some reliable information about the battery status.  I'm using xfce4 but the battery plugin always says the battery is empty (even if I get a desktop notification that the battery is full when plugging in power adapter.

The command acpi does not work.

How do others check the battery status on pinebook?

Kind regards

Andreas.

My Board keeps crashing on startup, no USB devices conected
Posted by: Ptheven - 09-19-2017, 10:29 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - No Replies

Hey, my board keeps crashing on startup. I haven't been able to use it over the past 2 weeks. I've been formatting my SD cards and have even bought several new ones, but it doesnt seem to have made an effect. What steps can I take for trouble shooting? 

Could it be a power supply issue? 

https://i.imgur.com/cJy5WRX.jpg

Internal power connector problem
Posted by: stealthbanana - 09-19-2017, 02:34 AM - Forum: Pinebook Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

Just in case anyone else is having a similar problem.

My Pinebook has had a history of just shutting off at random occasions after a couple of months light use.  I had put this down to the development status of the system, however, it was getting more and more common, occasionally refusing to boot, so much so I was starting to be convinced it was hardware.  
I opened the thing up and removed the tape covering the cable from the battery to the mainboard.  The left hand side of the socket on the board was broken and the connector came away with the tape.    
The bend in the power cables meant it would not stay in position, and I didn't want to blob some epoxy on the connector in case of future upgrades.  So, several strips of tape to route the battery power leads in position and reseating the connector and it now works perfectly.  I had been worried it would be a dodgy capacitor somewhere, but a relatively simple fix.

One thing I did notice with the system when I thought it was software based was that while I was looking at the system logs in an ssh session is that the USB system lost power and came back.

Anyway, if anyone else has a similar problem with random system crashes / power offs, it may be worth a look.

Android 7.1 (SOPINE)
Posted by: pineadmin - 09-19-2017, 01:19 AM - Forum: Android on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (5)

Android 7.1 (SOPINE) v0.3.10-r66

Root Possibility
Posted by: medc69 - 09-18-2017, 08:15 PM - Forum: Android on Rock64 - Replies (7)

Anyone get Stock Build Android 7.1.2 (20170809) rooted? iRoot said it is rooted but SuperSU and Free Root Checker respond with root not available.