PINE64

Full Version: Android Rooted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(04-30-2016, 10:43 AM)Keex Wrote: [ -> ]I also have problems with the playstore. When I try to install an app it says it can't be downloaded due to an error retrieving information from server.
This is only for the latest image, the 0303 worked.

i don't have this issue on lastest image but i cant enable bluetooth on it. what about u?
(04-30-2016, 11:01 AM)octopus Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2016, 10:43 AM)Keex Wrote: [ -> ]I also have problems with the playstore. When I try to install an app it says it can't be downloaded due to an error retrieving information from server.
This is only for the latest image, the 0303 worked.

i don't have this issue on lastest image but i cant enable bluetooth on it. what about u?

I don't have the BT module. 

I also solved the Play Store issue.

Taken from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/...7-t2899230

Go to Settings, Apps, All and find

1. Google Play Services
- Click Manage Space
- Click Clear all Data

2. In All Apps find Google Services Framework
- Click Clear All Data

Then reboot Android. 

Afterwards it all worked again for me.
No luck following those steps Keex. I still get the "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped" error when trying to search an app or clicking anything in the store. I've also tried install the play store apk manually without luck.
(04-30-2016, 03:28 PM)ragnar Wrote: [ -> ]No luck following those steps Keex. I still get the "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped" error when trying to search an app or clicking anything in the store. I've also tried install the play store apk manually without luck.

Too bad. This seems to be a different issue than mine. Here the Play Store worked in theory, but it couldn't download anything. It didn't crash though. That was the issue that can be fixed with the steps above, so I posted them here for further reference for others. Would have been nice if it helped you as well.
Finally got around to burn the rooted image, and it works (allmost) perfectly.
The reason i say "allmost perfectly" instrad of "perfectly" is because of one small issue.
I'm not able to turn on the BT/enable BT.
This is critical for my use of the pine, so i must admit I'm quite dissapointed with this bug.

For the record I am building a (retro) gaming station and havr been waiting for proper root access since the first build of android. The reason I need the BT if to be able to use my two PS4 controllers with the Pine (needs both rooted android and BT connection).

Does any one else have the same issue with the BT?
Would I get around this if I buy a usb-BT dongle?
(04-30-2016, 04:00 PM)Keex Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2016, 03:28 PM)ragnar Wrote: [ -> ]No luck following those steps Keex. I still get the "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped" error when trying to search an app or clicking anything in the store. I've also tried install the play store apk manually without luck.

Too bad. This seems to be a different issue than mine. Here the Play Store worked in theory, but it couldn't download anything. It didn't crash though. That was the issue that can be fixed with the steps above, so I posted them here for further reference for others. Would have been nice if it helped you as well.

It was a good idea. Luckily Play Store works well in Remix OS so I can stick with that for now until things get sorted out.
(04-30-2016, 05:19 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got around to burn the rooted image, and it works (allmost) perfectly.
The reason i say "allmost perfectly" instrad of "perfectly" is because of one small issue.
I'm not able to turn on the BT/enable BT.
This is critical for my use of the pine, so i must admit I'm quite dissapointed with this bug.

For the record I am building a (retro) gaming station and havr been waiting for proper root access since the first build of android. The reason I need the BT if to be able to use my two PS4 controllers with the Pine (needs both rooted android and BT connection).

Does any one else have the same issue with the BT?
Would I get around this if I buy a usb-BT dongle?

Wish I had better news for you, but currently I don't have the WiFi/Bluetooth module.  Once the store opens up I will be ordering one.  There was a post earlier that said they were also having trouble.  I tried to install a usb bt dongle to see if by chance it would recognize it but no luck there.  The only other bluetooth module i have is one for coms on arduino it is a cheap bc417 module on a breakout board with six pins to connect, I can match the tx and rx pins but after that I don't have any clue what would connect were and it is a moot point because the pinout on the wiki numbers the pins 1 to 26 instead of 1 to 14 and 1 to 16 respectively.  The pinout shows 13 to each side, but I suspect that since the Wifi/bt card is one unit that they are wired only for the single unit and not to split the power between separate wifi and bt cards.  SO instead of trying to rig something that might work to test, I couldn't with what I have and the pinouts I have.  FURTHER if I did manage to get the BT Module connected correctly and it still didn't work there would be no way of telling if it was the install or the card or the software or all three or any other combination or problem I have not thought of.  I do suspect that once the shipping craze is doen we may see a lot more development from the pine group so we will get there... 

Have you thought about using wired controllers and a USB hub?  I will have to test the controller  I have both a wired ps3 and xbox controller.   I will test it with the emulators I have, which is all of them  and post back in this post with an edit unless you respond before then.

I had a lot of info added then hit the previous button when I boggled the phone. Anyways the controller work, is the only reason you want be controllers because you already have them? I connected my ps3 controller to my phone and I had to manually set the address then return it to default to move it back to the console, do you have a work around? I know a bit about what you're trying to do, if you want to pm me I may be able to get you up without bt until it's fixed.
I allready have the BT controllers. (Used them with my galaxy tab 10.1 2014edition a while back). I dont own a PS4, so this is the only use for them for me... (well actually I'm using them with TrackMania Turbo on my laptop).

I guess I just have to waitbfor the next build and hope the BT issue has been addressed.
PS3 controller works via USB.
I will try with the PS4 controllers over usb. Thanks for the heads up
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9